cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export transport iViews with permissions for a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about creating an EPA transport file with a role and with iViews that includes permissions associated with that role.

1. I created an iView which has entry point set and has permission for a particular role with end-user set.

2. I created a transport which includes a role and an iView and set the transport mode to data and acl and set resolve all references to true.

3. I import the the transport.

4. I assign the imported role to a user.

5. I login as the user.

The imported iView does not include the permission for the role with end-user set and the iView is not available to that user.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

If not, what is the correct method to export a role and an iView with a entry point and end user permission and then associate the role with a user?

Thanks,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This works by importing ACLs with permission and end user assignments using System Administration->Transport ® XML Content and Action. Here is an example of the imported XML file:

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

What am I missing? This is a standard way of creating and deploying iViews?

Thanks,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

>Better way is to give permission in respective system i.e Q or Prd.,

Can you explain further? Are you saying you should not include permissions in the exported iviews.

If I perform the following, the iview is not ivisible to the user.

1. Create a role myrole and an iview myview (with entry point set to yes).

2. Add the iview to the role.

3. Export the view and role.

4. Import the view and role onto another server

5. Create a user and assign role myrole to the user.

6. Login as the user

The user does not see the iview myview until I modify the permissions of the iview myview and add myrole.

I do not want to have administrators import the iviews and then modify permissions of the iviews. How can I associate the iview with a role so that this is not needed?

Thanks,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help with this transport question?

Thanks,

Ken

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better way is to give permission in respective system i.e Q or Prd., Even I did the same. Because i feel that permissions are system dependent. So whenever you transport permission given object same cannot be reached to the target system.

I hope this helps you ....

Regards