cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to RTF Text Boxes Spanning Pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the formatting in word to look right. I've got a report with a few lines of text in the header and then one big text box in the detail section. Pg setup for 8.5x11 paper (Portrait). The text box is 8" high and my header is 2", so that leaves 1" for the footer and it's only a half inch... When I export the report (type set to 14 (I've tried 35 also)) the text box in the detail section prints about 7" on the first page and then puts the remaining text on the next page. There is more than enough room and I have tried everything I can think of with Keep Together, Growing, etc... I've messed with the default printer and set pg options to no printer and nothing has worked! I've even suppressed the footer all together... I've checked my text for new page ascii codes and it's clean...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm at my wits end...

Crystal Reports Pro XI R2

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found what appears to be a work around... On the Format of the text box, set the line spacing to Exact and it doesn't grow when it's exported to word.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I'm seeing what's going on... When I export to a PDF the page is 'full', but when I export to word it's not. The issue appears to be that the text in the PDF has more space between the lines and in word it doesn't and therefore it 'shrinks' and appears that the pg break isn't correct. The report is a legal doc/contract and it's just one big text box with formulas/fields merged in. I'm using a Arial Narrow 9 font w/bold for each heading and then Times New Roman 9 normal for the body text.

Am I missing any options that would prevent this from happening?

CRXReport.ExportOptions.DestinationType = 1

CRXReport.ExportOptions.DiskFileName = strSchedule

CRXReport.ExportOptions.FormatType = 14

CRXReport.Export False