cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation of CRM ISA KM and EP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Can anyone explain if The Ent Portal can access the CRM Internet Sales KM/TREX?

Sorry if I do not know much.

Does the CRM Internet Sales use the EP as a front-end?

Or is it just a URL that the EP references with URL iView(s)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

what's the main question?

>> Does the CRM Internet Sales use the EP as a front-end?

That depends on your release version of CRM Internet Sales. Please specify.

>> ...if The Ent Portal can access the CRM Internet Sales KM/TREX?

EP and CRM could share one common TREX engine. But that would not mean you find catalog items in the standad portal search.

Regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karsten -

Thanks for your answer.

The version of CRM is 4.0;I am not sure if ISA has it's own version number.

I figured that the portal and CRM could share a common TREX engine. Thanks for the confirmation.

You say that users would not find catalog items in a standard portal search. So, would they use a specific iView for catalog search? Is there already one in a business package? How would the catalog search be implemented? I assume there is already something in CRM ISA, so would the portal use that (and what is "that")? Is it the customer workset "Shop"?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/e9/c3c73cccbdd45be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

This leads me to another question: How are the Customer role and it's Worksets imported into the portal? Are they part of a business package? I don't see it listed in the CRM package description on iViewStudio.

Thanks,

Eric

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I am not an expert for CRM's business packages, but this I am getting from CRM:

- The customer portal is part of the CRM business packages.

- There is an iView for the shop in the customer role of the CRM customer portal (probably the customer workset "Shop" that you are talking about). From there you can do catalog searches.

- There is currently no search content integration between the catalog search and the KM search in the portal. But (my contribution ) with a little bit of iView eventing you could have them triggered both at the same time (separate result lists then, though).

About my last bullet, please ask any portal consultant.

About more details on CRM business packages, please ask a CRM consultant or presales contact.

Regards,

Karsten