cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand/Collapse option in Portal - SP13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!!

We have EP7.0 NetWeaver 2004s and we upgraded the SP from 5 to 13. When SP13 was installed, the icon to expand/collapse doesn't work correctly (Detail Navigation in Navigation Panel in the Light Framework). The icon always send the user to the main and first page. With the SP5 it works well.

Do you have any idea about how can I solve this??

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me!

Best Regards,

Claudia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Take a look at this thread maybe it gives you some answers...

We have SP13 at this moment and its working "fine":

1. When clicking on the expand/collapse icon (the triangle) the first navigation node in this folder/workset is NOT loaded automatically.

2. When clicking on the text part of the link (the actual url) the first navigation node in this folder/workset IS loaded.

In addition to step 2 you can steer what navigation node is loaded by setting the parameter "Default Entry for Folder" this property is by default set to No.

Also take a look at the property: "Clicking Folder Name Launches First Node" of the Detailed Navigation iView.. Maybe this is by some reason got set properly...

Good Luck,

Benjamin Houttuin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for your help. The collapse/expande icon (the triangle) worked fine if I set the Isolation Method as "URL" in the Light Detailed Navigation iView. Also I checked the options that you tell me.

However, the left navigation menu don't change anymore, even if I move to another workset which usually have different menu.

Do you have any idea of how solving this??

Again, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Claudia

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Claudia,

I just checked the Light Framework in our SP13 portal and the Detailed Navigation is not behaving as yours does. It works as it should and I checked the iView Parameter "Isolation Method" and it is set to Embedded (thats the default value, because we didn't touched it).

I then did set it to URL instead of Embedded and then the light DTN was not working anymore.

So my guess is that the switch from embedded to URL made it stop working for you completly and that the update from SP5 to SP13 brought you the misfunction of the collapse/expand icon...

The reason I think that last could be the case is because we installed this server on SP9 and initially updated it to SP12 and a few months ago to SP13 so our path to SP13 is different then yours.

I suggest to open an OSS message to SAP and provide them the link to this thread as additional input.

Good Luck,

Benjamin Houttuin