Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit Data Slice issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have planning filter on 0FISCPER.

In Exit Data slice, Is Rstricted, i have selected the check box for 0FISCPER.

and then in Exit data slice class-Is protected method, i am doing some data selection to check if the user entered fiscper is existing in a table and then trowing a message, saying "user can't do planning for this period".

In exit class debugging i can see all the above logic was executed, but at the end it is throwing "Axis is not ready for input", but not throwing the acutual message in the class.

So can you please advise me, can we use planning filter characteristics in "Is Restricted" and then use in is protected?

also advise me how can we validate planning filter values against a table values, i though it is possible in Exit data slice. Do you have any idea on this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

some more info on this question. I am using this exit data slice for manual entry planning application with new rows.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pundari,

1. If you supplied correctly parameter E_T_MESG in the is protected method ,you should be able to see the messages unless you restricted your Excel/WAD to not display a particular type of messages like errors or warning etc..

2. Data slice is locking data for planning but do displays data to users ,if in your case you do not even need to display the blocked data ,you can check in CMOD variable exit I_STEP = 3 the entry of the user and raise an exception is the selections do not meet the allowed selection also use FM 'RRMS_MESSAGE_HANDLING' to display a relevant message,this will prevent from the user to even enter to the planning screen unless he changes to a valid selection.

Regards,

Eitan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information.

I have used Exit variable i_step = 2 i am validating the user input month and throwing an error message. Not usigng Exit data slice for this validation.

Answers (0)