cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exception for dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I looked in the forums in SDN b4 posting this but I did not see anything helpful. I am trying to create exceptions based on the difference between 2 dates, requested del'y date and current date. I tried creating a calculated key figure (and a formula also) that I thought I could apply the exception to, but dates aren't key figures so they weren't available to create the CKF or formula. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu and Paolo,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will look into the replacement path functionality, but I would also appreciate your comments on it.

Thanks again.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the Query, proceed to create a new formula (key figure structure > right click > New Formula). In the formula editor box on, on the left hand side, under your query key figures you will see a grouping for Formula Variables. Right click and Create New Variable. Here select processing by Replacement Path and provide your date char as the char to be replaced.

You can see this doc for the same info (but a different example):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/72f4a790-0201-0010-5b89-a42...

Hope this helps...

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You would need to create a formula variable employing the Replacement Path processing type. This would make the date available as a key figure. You can create a formul avariable from the Formula definition box. Please post back if you need further info on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible, put in your infoprovider a KF filled with the difference between th date.

Hope it helps.

Regards