cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception agreegation not working on Formula cumulative work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with exception aggregation when I am trying to aggregate the values of Formula cumulative work.

How we can aggregate the value of formula.

formula is:    (finish date <= start date)* work.

where finish date and start date both are formula variable with replacement path.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you show screen shot of your report out put .

Regards, Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Here is my report output.

the value Scope is aggregating but I do not want to aggregate these values.

instead of 130 it should be 13. and for 1040 it should ne 104 only.

Please help how I can achieve this.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please choose the reference characteristic wisely..Exception aggregation as First value--Reference characteristic as the one on which you are getting these unique values..Check in the report layout.

Regards,

AL

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vikas,

Use Calculate  Result as-  property as last value.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I already tried this option its some how work but in the result it is not doing summation .

the result should be 130 instead of 13 please see in the green box.

Please let me know if there is another option.

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vikas,

Try the suggestion told by Anshu L in above post.

Select Exception Aggregation as last Value and Reference Char as - mast Detailed Char which is present in Rows panel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

I have tied this option also but it did not working.

please see below output of the report.  Please see I am getting unique record based on the activity.   please help.

former_member182343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where did you got wrong value.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see one Date char in rows structure which must be hidden i guess..Choose that as reference characteristic.As that must be the most detailed level char.

REgards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

There is one date field in row and already hidden. Now I have taken that as ref char but still Result is not correct.  it taking only first value not cumulative the result value.

see the .screen sht

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your initial post you said in results you need the first value only and not the cumulative value and we achieved it by following the steps i told you..Now saying it is not working is not correct.

Please clarify what more are you're expecting in terms of results .

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

Sorry for misunderstanding,  may be you were not clear with the requirement. First question was only for taking the repeated value once , now that is fine, but in the result the values should be cumulated. I mean should be aggregate as in my previous post value should be 130 in Result instead of 104.

pleas help.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok..Try this..Apply nested exception aggregation--Make a new formula--Put the formula which you created (Which already have exception aggregation)--This time--Exception aggregation as summation--Reference characteristic as--Network activity.

Please check if this works or not.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshu,

Thanks for the Gr8 help.  It is working now. .

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know that..You can close the thread by marking correct answers and helpful answers..

Have a great weekend ahead..

Regards,

AL

Answers (0)