cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone Full Control for CM Repository ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I' ve created a CM Repository in FSDB mode.

<b>1.</b> Is it mandatory to give Everyone Full Control permission in order to UPLOAD a file/folder to the repository.Can't i restrict the permissions only to certain users?

<b>2.</b>What is the significance of Network Path in the creation of CM Repository

(ref : ).

Regards,

Joshua Kiran

View Entire Topic
alexander_link
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm still not sure what your problem is exactly. The last post from Lars describes all you should do.

You should give write permissions on KM ACL level to the users which shall be able to upload files.

When an authorized user uploads a file the file is physically created on the share using the "SAPService<SID>" user. This user must have write permissions on the share.

ACLs on KM level are completely independent of the file system permissions.

Regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alex/Lars,

Let me tell u what i did after this.

I went to the Content Administration->KM Content->CM Repository folder -> clicked on the breadcrumb -> details

-> settings -> permissions -> then i have added the Full control permissions and was able to upload the files successfully and i could restrict the users by giving readonly permissions.

My concern is, ... only when i give <b>Everyone</b> full control permissions iam able to upload otherwise

I wish the scenario to be like this.....

I give only Full control to my userID in the windows system folder (where the folder physically located)and i give Full control in the Portal ACL permissions then...I shud only be able to upload files.

Regards,

Joshua Kiran

alexander_link
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm sorry, this is not possible.

The share is always accessed using the configured user or the SAPService<sid> user.

What you would need is that the share is accessed using the os user corresponding to the portal user. But we do not support this scenario...

You could use the W2KSecurityManager. This security manager applies the filesystem permissions in KM.

Regards Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Ok fine.... but when i use W2KSecurityManager, the repository is not starting up

The error im getting is

<i>Exception during start up of sub-manager: W2kSecurityManager: problems getting config parameters from Repository Manager</i>

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Joshua Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

Actually the w2k security works in the following manner:

<b>1) The j2ee engine user should have the admin rights on the share server .

2) The user configured in the network path should have the full access Permisions to the folder (NTFS level and share level)

3) The mapped portal user (windows user) should have the appropriate permission (NTFS level) to fulfill the given task </b>

I hope that could help you to solve your problem.

Best regards, Pavel.