cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing between iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a few custom iViews in iViews folder. I have created a page in pages folder. In that page, the iViews are laied out has iview1 (left), iview2(top and right), iView3(bottom of iView2 i.e at right of iView1), iView4 at bottom of iView1,Iview2 and iView3. I have another iView (i.e. iView5) not delta link with this page. iView1 have some links, when I click that link I want to replace iView1 by iView5, but rest of iViews (i.e iview2, iView3, iView4) should be as it is (means should not refersh). I know we have to use EPCF. But I use raiseevent, doNavigation methods. It is replacing entire cotent area, not one iView. Helpful answer will get more reward point. I need it in my project. Thanks.

-Sudheer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer

I suggest that you try out Dynamic Navigation for solving your problem.

Dynamic navigation iViews typically contain user interface controls, such as dropdown lists and links, which retrieve data related to the content displayed in the content area. Each time a user clicks or chooses a control in a dynamic navigation iView, the data currently displayed in the portal content area changes accordingly.

For details on the topic please refer to the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/32/66c53e5ae84d3be10000000a11405a/content.htm

Hope that was helpful

Warm Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer

As you said that the iviews are custom developed you can set both iview1 and iview5 in same iview and based on the link you can display the required.

Another solution is place the iview5 below iview1. Change the property that iviews are open only if it is having data.On clicking the link on iview1 change its visibility to blank and raise the event. In the subscribe event change the visibility of the iview5 to visible which was previously blank.

<b>Using Context Navigation</b>

You can use context navigation for this purpose

Navigation Target: Roles://.....iview5

Context Target: Roles://.....iview1

EPCM.doNavigate(navgationtarget,mode,winFeat,winName,history,targetTitle,contextTarget);

In the Sys admin@sys config@service config@applications@com.sap.portal.epcfloader@Services@epcfloader,check whether the framework level is 2 and workprotectmodedefault to 2.

Save the details and restart the service by right clicking the com.sap.portal.epcfloader.

Regards

Geogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geogi,

Thanks for your response.

1)I cannot use your option1 because some Iviews are wizard for Iview1 Links.

2) on option2 You mean to place iView1 and iView5 in the same page P1 and make properties visibilty unchecked. Change the property of iView5 using javascript. Could you please tell me more details of the ContextTarget usage in the doNavigate method of EPCF.

Waiting for thoughts and solutions. I will give reward points. Thanks.

-Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudheer,

I think u have to make changes in the iview property of iview1. Set the "Isolation method" property of the iview1 to "URL". If the isolation mehtod is set to URL it wont affect the entire page.

Also check this link, it will give you details about the URL isolation method.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/97/0be13dc2fd605ae10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Try out this one and revert back.

Hope this Helps

gEorgE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Set isolation method of the the iView1 to URL and also iView5. But it is still occupying entire page. Please let me know your thougts.

-Sudheer.