cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Schedule Timing

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are needing to setup an event based upon an updating to a database table.

1) Is this possible for a event trigger to watch a database table?

2) I believe the timing for an event is it checks every minute to see if the criteria is set, can we set that timing at a lower level instead of every minute can we set it to every second?

Thanks,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can place a file in any folder where business objects have access after loading the database. And business objects event can watch for that file and as soon as it finds it, it can kick off the schedule.

yes you can set the event poll timing. if you go event server properties in CMC, you can see the existing time and chang it based on your need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An addendum to Sreedhar's post:

You could also use a schedule based event. i.e. create a report that succeeds only when data loading is complete.

Also, it's not possible to directly watch a table update.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreedhar and Srinivas,

Thank you for your response.

I thought about the database creating a file in some directory and then the report kicking off when that happens, that could work for us.

Now in regards to the actual event watcher, it appears you can only set it in minutes. I need for this to be looking or listening every second is that possible?

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of BOE are you on ?

On XI 3.1 (which we're on), this is a known bug. i.e. the polling is done in seconds despite what the properties of the Event Server indicate. This can be verified by tracing the Event Server.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

We are using Crystal Reports Server the version appears to be 12.1.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

CRS 12.1 (CRS 20098 SP1) appears to be the CRS equivalent of BOE XI 3.1/ Edge 3.1. I presume they're based on the same code.

If you have support, you should check check with SAP. Otherwise, your best bet would be to enable tracing on the Event server to confirm that the polling interval is in seconds and not minutes.

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, polling is in secs.