cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event of Subtype not getting triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created a subtype ZBUS2030 by inheriting BUS2030. <b>I didn't redefine any events of the BUS2030.</b> <b>I delegated BUS2030 to my subtype i.e. ZBUS2030.</b> I have used event 'CREATED' of the subtype 'ZBUS2030' as a Start Event in my workflow.

Whenever I create a Inquiry in Tx. VA11, the event 'CREATED' of standard BO BUS2030 is getting triggered. I checked it in Tx. SWEL.

Please let me know what other configurations that I need to do to trigger events of my subtype.

Answers will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Kasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor

Hello Kasi,

I think you're missing the point of delegation: it's the reverse of inheritance, making your subtypes components appear as part of the supertype.

Thus continue to use BUS2030 in your tasks/flows. The event is BUS2030.CREATED, and your workflow and your tasks should all work with BUS2030.ZYOURMETHOD and so on.

In onther words, all is correct.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike Pokraka ,

Thanks 4 ur reply. I didn't forget to delegate.also i tried to trigger the workflow using transaction swe2,scdo,swel,swus. still i can't solve the problem.

canu suggest some otherway ? it's very urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

Did you check the event linkage in transaction SWETYPV. There should be an existing entry that links your workflow to your business object event. Also make sure that the checkbox "Type Linkage" is checked. If it is checked please try to raise your event from the transaction SWUE.

Thanks,

Prasath N

P.S : If there is an error in binding from event container to the workflow container then the event linkage in SWETYPV gets de-activated whenever the event is triggered. So also make sure that you event linkage is active once again after you trigger the workflow.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

if you trigger the event CREATED it has to work such a way:

1. trigger BUS2030-CREATED -> only BUS2030 CREATED will be triggered

2. ZBUS2030-CREATED (delegated) result has to be:

-> BUS2030 CREATED

-> ZBUS2030 CREATED

will be triggered.

In case 2 generally in check function module you can restrict to one of the event (avoid double event creation) - this indicates that you check wheter you use a check function...

How do you trigger the event?

- Change document in SWEC, which entry is there?

- via function SWE_EVENT_CREATE with ZBUS2030?

Is it possible to touch/to see the attributes of ZBUS2030 in you workflow if the event BUS2030-CREATED?

Regards

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that your event is getting triggered but your workflow is not getting triggered. If i am right Check whether your event linkage for your workflow is active in the transaction SWETYPV.

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prasath,

thanks 4 ur reply. i did watever u told . but still i can't solve the problem. can u suggest some other way to overcome this?.

it's very urgent