cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS sca file content is not able to see in EP PCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we got .sca file relating to ESS and we deployed that but the content is not yet come to the portal content dircetory. Do anyone of you having the idea about this type of file and how to get the content into the portal.

what this .sca file will do relating to the ESS?

is it again we need to import the ESS businesspackage on the portal side or both are same(.sca file of ESS and the BP)?

can anybody help me!

Regards,

sireesha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Go to User Management -> Roles

In that, search for the ess role.

Select the role and add it to your User Id, you would be able to see all the contents of the ESS package.

It is WEB DYNPRO based and so you need to do the backend configurations for SAP ERP2004 system for the iViews to work.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

As you said it is a WebDynpro based one, that is which came with the ECC5.0. we are able see the appications in the WebDynpro but how get the appliactions into the EP as pages and iviews.

on the R/3 side we created the ESS user and assigned the role, after that what steps to be taken for the configuration?

if you have any idea about this help me.

Thanks for your reply,

Regards,

sireesha.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Hope the following link answers your question.

With business packages, you get a guide for the settings you need to make both in portal and in the connected backend systems for the BP to work properly ... as mentioned in the conversations in the link above.

Regards,

Gaurav

P.S.:Thanks for rewarding points last time around ... I really didn't expect it, I just wanted to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav,

that is great thread!!

that is having all the information we need, so we are following that if i get any doubt i'll post here.

and if you have any other threads which deals with ECC or ESS please give me the links.

Thanks for ur help,

Regards,

sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sireesha,

Which version of ESS you are deploying?

As you have mentioned .sca file I am assuming this is based on WebDynpro version (?)

ESS50.x : You can directly import the business package

from portal

System Administration>Transport>Import

by copying the business package contents

under the following directory

\usr\sap\XXX\SYS\global\pcd\Import

(Server Side Import best practice)

ESS60.x : You can deploy through SDM

After successful completion if you don't see

the contents just restart the server.

Hope this helps.

Regards