cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS personal information: Nullpointer exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to save data in any of the ESS Personal Information (like Personal data, addreses, etc) I get a nullpointerexception while saving. The data is getting saved but the navigation is not going to the next page. Any ideas?

Im on Portal 7.0 ECC 6.0 and ESS BP 1.0

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.xss.ser.xssconfview.vc.VcLinksView.wdDoModifyView(VcLinksView.java:167)

at com.sap.xss.ser.xssconfview.vc.wdp.InternalVcLinksView.wdDoModifyView(InternalVcLinksView.java:354)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingView.doModifyView(DelegatingView.java:78)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.view.View.modifyView(View.java:337)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.doModifyView(ClientComponent.java:481)

Regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We faced the same issue. check all the view are maintained or not at r/3 end. If yes it should be a version mismatch of support pack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for your responses. I will check out all the options and will let you know in a couple of days.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish

We applied the latest patch as per note 908569. Still we have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Even we have faced the problem, but we have solved the issue by checking with note: 912615. Go through with this note, make sure that all your patches are updated with the latest release. buy checking this note i think u can get out that error.

regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This seems you have XSS support package mis-match. That causes Null Pointer exception.

First check whether you have correctly applied the XSS components.

Check SAP Note: 908569 to find out the exact XSS version you need to apply.

Then remove the XSS components from SDM and redeploy the correct XSS support package.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

We applied patches as per the note 908569. Still we have the same problem.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Is your HR components SAP_HR and EA_HR is having the same level. You can check the right SP levels from service.sap.com/sp-stacks.

Can you let me know the SP levels of the following components.

From ECC SYSTEM:

SAP_AP

SAP_HR

EA_HR

From Portal system:

SAP-JEE

SAP_ESS

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP delivered a patch

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Are you sure you are using the service specific for your country? or if not you must check that you have implemented the subtypes of the infotypes you want to update through the ESS.

If you have any doubt please let me know.

Regards,

María Margarita Monteverde