cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS2005 works only with Super Admin Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

We installed ESS/MSS2005 on an EP7 / NW2004s Portal WAS (also used the >EP7 as Webdynpro Server) but the ESS/MSS iViews / Webdynpros after the pertaining homepage still blank / empty if we don´t add the Super Admin Role to this user...

Is this happen also by others ?? What can we do to get this running without Super Admin Role ?

Thx

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try these two things:

1-Check the authorization in R/3 for the users - make sure they have S_Service authorization object in their security profile.

2-Check the PCD permissions (by right clicking on the folder that contains ESS and MSS Content and clicking on Permissions) to ensure that the content is visible to the appropriate people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Umair,

your 2. answer solve also the problem - I get this also I check several others - I guess that´s new in the EP6 ther was no need to change the permission settings on the folder "content provided from SAP". Now you must set here the permissions for read - I wonder why it´s not enough to set the permissions for the direct ESS folder under -> content provided from SAP -> End User Content -> Employee Self Service... What other objects is needing from the entire folder "content provided from SAP". ??

THX

Mario