cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Iviews/Pages greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I am configuring ESS release 1.0 on EP 7 with ECC 6 backend. I have created JCos and Systems successfully, but still the iViews are greyes out.

1. What do I need to change to the content back?

2. How can I check if Portal is communicating to Backend?

Thanks,

Vamshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

What happens actually?? iis the application getting displayed.wat do you mean by iviews greys out?

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharada,

Thanks for replying.

Any preview (from Portal Catalog) of the ESS iViews are leading to a Grey screen without any message or so. Even when accessed the ESS role from top level navigation, the worksets are displaying a grey screeen.

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

If you are getting blank screens, it means that you have not deployed the ESS applications SCA file. Please deploy the same.

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you deployed ESS SCA file and PCUI_GP SCA files properly?

secondly, Have you created ESS User using HRUSER ?? or Have u assigned user name in IT105 ??

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/ep/CONFIGURING%20THE%20BUSINESS%20PACKAGE%20FOR%20EMPLOYEE%20SELF%20SERVICE%20MYSAP%20ERP%202004.doc">Click Here</a> for step by step config guide for ESS.

Cheers!!

AShutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have deployed the BP for ESS .SCA file. Is it necessary to deploy .SCA file seperatly.

Next we have created users in Backend, configured in IT105 also.

we have tested the SQL/RFC traces for JCo destinations successfully. But when it comes to iVews, there was a blank result, that means iviews are not connecting to Backend.

Anything else can we try? My email is vamshimalreddy@hotmail.com, please send me documents if you have any on ESS 1.0(myERP 2005) configuration.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

YES thats the reason behind the blank pages.

You have to deploy the .SCA files for ESS and PCUI_GP. These are files which have the actual webdynpro applications. As of now, it is like you are trying to open the applications wihtout deplooying it. BP .SCA files just have the portal configurations. It is mandatory to deploy the .SCA files for applications.

Regards,

Sharadha

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

YES thats the reason behind the blank pages.

You have to deploy the .SCA files for ESS and PCUI_GP. These are files which have the actual webdynpro applications. As of now, it is like you are trying to open the applications wihtout deplooying it. BP .SCA files just have the portal configurations. It is mandatory to deploy the .SCA files for applications.

Regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

got the answer.

former_member186301
Discoverer
0 Kudos

What was your correction that fixed this issue?