the R/3 system is 4.7

external ITS 620

and EP6.0 SP22.

I have created an SAP system and gave it the aliases

SAP_R3_Cross

SAP_R3_Financials

SAP_R3_HumanResources

SAP_R3_Travel

As the ESS is ITS based i did not configure any JCo connections.

all the ESS iviews are working for for me but the MSS iviews are not at all working....

i am mainly getting two errors saying

1) com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core.BaseProxyException: JCoClient connection not open

2) Syntax error in program SAPLCK_EXTRACT_LEVEL2 ., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

the first error clearly indicates that JCo connections need to be configured. My doubt is that thought my packages are ITS based do i still need to configure JCo connections for MSS?If yes does the package look for any specific name apart from the names mentioned above for the system aliases. Do I also need to configure JCo connections for metadata like SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData etc?

the second error is not at all giving any clue about the problem....

plesae guide me on this....

thanks in advance

--

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Have a look at the MSS iViews properties? Are these ITS iViews or WebDynpro iViews? If WebDynpro you of course have to define the JCo Destinations using the Web Dynpro Content Administrator (J2EE Start Page -> Web Dynpro Tools -> Content Administrator).

Normally you should see a list of JCo destinations flagged with a red light. Depending on the scenarios you use all or some of these destinations have to be configured.

By the way: If you want to configure/create JCo Destinations you also need and up and running SLD. If you have no other SLD (e.g. PI/XI SLD) you can activate the one on your portal server.

SLD URL: http(s)://<server>:<port>/sld

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Volker

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

thanks for the reply.

I checked the properties of some of the iviews....but no where in the properties i found any system alias...so i think they are webdynpro iviews...can you plesae tell me is there any other place also to get it confirmed that the iviews are not IAC iviews..

if the iviews are webdynpro iviews then what are the JCo connections i need to configure...can you please tell me the pecific JCo connections names? also apart from configuring JCo connections is there any thing else that i need to do ?

thanks

--

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!°

You can check it with the component name that was used to create the iView. It this property contains s.th. like "com.sap.webdynpro" it is a WebDynpro iView.

Then activate SLD or use an existing one and configure your JCo Destinations. You can find further informations about Business Package for Manager Self-Service (SAP ERP) 1.0 here: Business Package for Manager Self-Service (SAP ERP) 1.0

If you have another MSS package go to Portal Content Studio and look for documentation of your BP there.

Regards,

Volker

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

my problem is solved.

Found reason for the exceptions.

The Plug-In WP-PI 600_620 was missing in R/3.

This plug-in is compalsary for MSS 60.1.20 for connecting to R/3 4.7..

Found the solution in the thread

thanx for ur replies

--

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

if you want to use MSS in Portal you need to assign the following roles at backend

MSS Roles

SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP

SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05

SAP_HR_HAP_MANAGER

SAP_HR_PA_HR-MANAGER

SAP_HR_PA_MANAGER

SAP_HR_PA_US_HR-MANAGER

Configuration Settings for ESS/MSS

1. Check Info type 0105 is assigned for all Employees

2. Check Perner is assign to users

3. Check Manager Role is assign to MSS User.

4. Check Employees are assign to Manager

5. Check Position are assign to Employee/Manager

RFC System Users ESS User Roles

SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION

SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP

SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05

SAP_ESSUSER_ERP05

SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER

SAP_HR_HAP_MANAGER

SAP_HR_PA_HR-MANAGER

SAP_HR_PA_MANAGER

SAP_HR_PA_US_HR-MANAGER

Note: Assign role in R3.

let me know you still face the problem.

points if useful

please close the thread if problem solved

Thanksyou,

Regards

Vijai

Edited by: Vijai on Aug 25, 2008 7:59 PM

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijai,

thanks for the mail......but i am confused...

MSS Roles SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP,SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05,SAP_HR_HAP_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_HR-MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_US_HR-MANAGER

where do I need chk these roles....do i have to assign these roles to the r3 user or portal user ?

RFC System Users ESS User Roles SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION,SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP,SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05,SAP_ESSUSER_ERP05,SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER,SAP_HR_HAP_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_HR-MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_US_HR-MANAGER

what are the above mentioned role ?

can you please tell me in more details......i shall be thankfull to you?

currently all that i have in the portal is an SAP system with aliases SAP_R3_HumanResources, SAP_R3_Financials, SAP_R3_Cross and one more alias.

can you plz plz plz tell me the steps in more details so that it will be easy for me

thanks

--

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PK,

MSS Roles SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP,SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05,SAP_HR_HAP_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_HR-MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_US_HR-MANAGER

this MSS roles is assign to user who belong to manager and who is using Portal ESS/MSS at backend r3. provide you have done sso.

RFC System Users ESS User Roles SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION,SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP,SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP05,SAP_ESSUSER_ERP05,SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER,SAP_HR_HAP_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_HR-MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_MANAGER,SAP_HR_PA_US_HR-MANAGER

the above mention role are for authroization role for using RFC calls. this can be assign using r3 back end.

you said you have done system alias fine , did you maintain JCO's for this

1. SAP_R3_Financials

2. SAP_R3_Financials_Metadata

3. SAP_R3_HumanResources

4. SAP_R3_HumanResources_MetaData

5. SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics

6. SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData

7. SAP_R3_Travel

8. SAP_R3_Travel_MetaData

9. SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaDataFIN

10 .SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenericsFIN

what role are assign to user you can see using tcode 'HRUSER'