cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS IAC and Java IViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can anybody please tell me wht is the difference between IAC and Java IViews and wht configuration we have to do to use java iviews?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I forgot to tell you that i am talking about the iviews present in ESS business package? Both type of iviews are available and SAP recommends to use Java iviews. So i want to know wht configuration we hav to do use java iviews? I have already done the configuration for iviews that comes through ITS.

Thanks and Regards,

Neil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

<b>IAC iview</b> is used when you want to create an iview of an ITS service. In the thrid step of creating IAC iview we should pass the ITS service name for IAC property.

Steps to create IAC iview.

1. Create a system object for R/3 with ITS property category also.

2. create a Service in transaction using SICF. The below thread will help you.

3. create an an iview and give the service name in IAC textbox not R/3 System name.

<b>java iview</b>: if you are devloping an application using Ecllipse or NWDS you can create an java iview. Create the application in Ecllipse or NWDS and export it to the portal as .par file. In the content administration while trying to create an iview you have to choose <b>new from par->iview</b> and choose .par file you have exported to portal and continue.

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

IAC - Internet Application Components. This is developed in SAP R/3 as service file and deployed in ITS. You create IAC iview in portal to view the information.

You create java iviews through the Netweaver developer studio (NWDS) or any other application platform.

Regards

Arun