cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Configure steps in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ESS experts,

I am working on Functional ESS upgrade from 4.6c to ECC 6.0 (EP 7.0). We have installed all the required BSP's. Our company want to keep all the functionalities as they used in 4.6c ESS in Portal, from 46c to ECC 6.0 there is bit difference in IMG configure. Can anyone advise me how should I follow from backend R/3 to configure in IMG as per ESS requirement. Is I need to configure whole ESS configuration in ECC 6.0 in order to get those functionalities. I am comparing 46c staging to ECC 6.0 to make some analysis. Any upgrade documents.

Thanks,

DV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

See the thread below

points are welcome if it is helpful

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Koti,

Thanks,

Can you please provide some IMG stuff of ESS configuration & customization. Please advise.

DV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Vase,

Complete functionality will change there is no way that we can get 4.6C into ECC 6.0, You need to configure separately for ECC6.0. When compared to 4.6 to ECC 6.0 there are more futures available. try to have new settings.

Regards,

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

Thanks for your quick response. I agree with your suggestions. Our company ESS was implemented with lots of customization ZPZ* can we do the same in ECC 6.0 version. We would like to remove some of delivered home page items like employee search/career & jobs/work environment/travel and expenses and in Personal Information we want to remove the EIC. We just want to use as we were using in 4.6c. Where I need to setup in IMG and want to include new items in home page. Please advise.

Your points rewarded.

Regards,

David

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI check the Configuratin document for ESS

ESS u2013 mySAP ERP 2004

ERP 2005 - ESS Config File End to End

http://www.appsconsulting.co.za/SAP_PDF/BP_ESS_672_EN_2005.pdf

Cheers!!

SJ.