Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors Manipulation on XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have another doubt!

I need to know which is the best way to manipulate errors occurred during process message.

When I create a Data Type, I define my XSD and I have the possibility to describe the type and occurrence fields. My question is the XI does these validations automatically? So if a field is mandatory and is coming empty, the XI generates an error with a log?

If is not the case, how I can do these formal validations?

Thanks for all

Best Regards,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Where did you get the information that XSD validations are occurring within XI on >=SP13? I’ve looked in the release notes and did not find any mention of this.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

I dont think till SP13, XI validates XSD like mandatory fields, length of data field etc etc.

There are couple of places you can handle these situation , but you have to think of your own logic.

for e.g if mapping is simple in message mapping you can use if else condition to chck if mandatory field value is empty or date time format is what you desire.

You can also do all validation in Adapter module(if possible),

Former Member
0 Kudos

and you can handle if there is any error.

But at runtime XI doesnot validate XSD at design time.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I saw a tab in adapter called "module".

You sad, Here I can make my won developments?

It's only possible in EJB or Java not with ABAP?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Module Development can be done in Java only. It is very simple if you know little bit of java.

Although if you want to do your validations in mapping , you can use either Java/XSLT/ABAP/Message mapping.

Herez a link how to develop adapter module.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Hope it helps,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Module development can be only done in java. But when you sad, I can use either Java/XSLT/ABAP/Message mapping... How I can do that? You have some tutorials like the one (adapter module) you told me?

Thanks in advance,

RP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java/XSLT/ABAP/Messagemapping are the ways of doing mapping in XI.

Modue development is before message reaches to mapping program. Either you handle your validations in Module or in mapping programs.

How to guides:

Abap mapping:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e3ead790-0201-0010-64bb-9e4...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5c46ab90-0201-0010-42bd-9d0...

similarly if you search for other mapping programs you will get loads n loads of information on SDN.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ricardo...

in the Repository side, all ur changes get activated only if ther r no errors...

when u try to save or activate ur changes in the repository side, the system will prompt for types which r not defined....

hence, if all ur chnges r activated, it implies ther r no errors...

regards..

vishal