Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errorhandling "Invalid extract structure template GLPCT of DataSource.."

ren_rhrer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i need to extrakt to whole Table GLPCT. Business Content doesnt give me the right DataSource, so i try to generate a own generic DataSource. When i try to save, i get the Errormessage: Invalid extract structure template GLPCT of DataSource Z_ECPCA_GLPCT. I take a closer look at the Errormessage:

"Diagnosis

You tried to generate an extract structure with the template structure GLPCT. This operation failed, because the template structure quantity fields or currency fields, for example, field HSLVT refer to a different table."

Thats true. The currency fields refer to other Tables. for example HSLVT refer to T001-WAERS. Proposed Solution of SAP:

"Procedure

Use the template structure to create a view or DDIC structure that does not contain the inadmissable fields"

I generate a View. The View still works in ECC but when i´m trying to extract, same Errormessage.

So , i found a Note of SAP 335342 that tells me to make a append and fill the append through a extraktor.

So, my Questions:

Do i really have to make an append and fill the the currency fields through exit? Is this the generally Solution for bringing currency fields of a table with a referer to an other table into the DW? Handling the append and the exit isnt the problem but it seems to strange for such a simple request. How do you will solve this Problem? What will you do to bring GLPCT to DW. Has anybody expierence with this problem? Need same advice. Thanks.

René

View Entire Topic
edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rene,

did you mean that business content datasource like 0EC_PCA_1 not serve your requirement ?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/de/46663758459166e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

in case that currency needed is not in the table, e.g company code currency, you can append structure-fill user exit or in BW you can use 0currency attribute of 0comp_code.

hope this helps.

ren_rhrer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

thx for answer. 0EC_PCA_1 isn´t the right one, because there is built a total amount of all periods. i was checking the file in the psa. i really need a 1:1 copy of the GLPCT. sounds unreal, but my datamodel need.