cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with sapno_utils when using SAP .NET Conector 3.0 in PDK 2.5 Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm developing a .NET Portal Component by using the Portal PDK 2.5 and SAP .NET Connector. When I deployed to the NW Portal running the SAP Portal Runtime 2.5 Hot Fix3 on WindowsServer 2003 x64 and try to execute the IView for the application, I get the following issue:

Could not load file or assembly 'sapnco_utils, Version=3.0.0.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50436dca5c7f7d23' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1) at SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConfigParameters..ctor() at

I think the issue is related to the following:

1. The server is running .NET Framework 2.0 x64

2. The SAP Portal Runtime 2.5 is a 32 bits application using the HotFix 3 to run on OS x64

3. Since the SAP Portal Runtime 2.5 is 32 bits app, I need to use the SAP .Net Connector version for 32 bits

4. When the sapnco_utils is used in the application, it is running in 32 bits, but it dependencies (C++ Native DLLs) are 64 bits since the .NET Framework 2.0 is the 64 bits version

Any help on this is very appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed both the vc_redist for x86 and x64 but getting the below error when I exeucte the application.

Could not load file or assembly 'sapnco_utils, Version=3.0.0.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50436dca5c7f7d23' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

When you say install VC++ which version we have to use?

I am using VS 2008 with 3.5 framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some times is due to have a DLL in x64 and the exe that use that dll is in x32.

ingo_frank2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I had the same error message and found out that sapnco_utils.dll is using MSVCR100.DLL which did not exist on my PC.

Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime was solving this issue.

There is a good free utility called Dependency Walker. With this tool you can open sapnco_utils.dll and

it shows the references and missing files.

In your case, on Windows x64 it's necessary to install vcredist_x86 (32-Bit) in addition to x64, than SAP NCo will work.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo Frank,

I'd the same problem, but unfortunately I cannot install anything in my server as I've limited access to it.

Can I achieve the desired result without installing patches? i.e. adding dependent assemblies and copying required DDLs into bin folder?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Santosh