cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to open infoview/CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..had installed BOXI 3.1 on windows 7(32 bit) ultimate OS with IE 8 few months back and that time am able to access Infoview ,CMC and all help docs ..

Recently when i tried to open Infoview /CMC ,the following error message is displayed: "IE cannot display the web page".But am able to login to Designer and Rich Client.

All the respective servers in CCM are running(restarted them also),BOE related 3 services are also running.Had not updated to any higher versions.

How this can be resolved?Thanks in advance.

Please re-direct if this is not the appropriate forum.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi padmini manireddy,BO 3.1  will support in win 7.Iam using in win 7 only ,u get such type of error when u upgrade win 7 or when u upgrade IE,form older version to new version, that is IE 7 to IE 8. Dont upgrade win 7 or IE . u can copy cmc url and open in Google chrome or Mozilla..I think this information will help u .

Regards

Raghureddy

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmini,

Kindly check whether your Web Application server in which BOE running is up and running.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

All the respective servers in CCM are running(restarted them also),BOE related 3 services are also running.

Can you please eloborate the checking process of web app server where BOE is present.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I tried running in google chrome by pasting the URL of CMC, the same error message is displayed.

i had not upgraded to IE8 version, from starting its the same one and when i tried to download IE7 it says that win7 don't support IE7.

Thanks,

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using default Tomcat as Web AS go to CCM and check whether the Tomcat is up and running. Just give a try by restarting the Tomcat in CCM itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..had done that at intial stage .Had restarted the Tomcat server in CCM.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Padmini,

Since you are facing the issue only in Web Applications redeploying the BusinessObjects Web Apps may resolve the Issue.

1. Stop Tomcat server

2. Go to ..\Tomcat6\work\Catalina

3. Rename the folder "localhost" to "localhost_old"

4. Restart Tomcat

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Padmini,

I had a look to the supported platform for XI3.1 SP5 and Windows 7 and IE7 both are supported.

Can you install fiddler on your machine? and then try to acess the URL.

You will be able to locate the problem with this tool I believe.

Thanks,

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi,

please note that only the Client components are supported on Win7.

The Servercomponents are not supported on Win7. This can work.....but can also not.

So if you installed the Servercomponents aswell on Win7 i would recommend installing it on a supported Windows Server OS such as 2003 or 2008.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan,

Had tried the same as above ,but of no use

http://home-pc:8080/InfoViewApp/ this is the url and once it starts running ,its displaying the message like:

IE cannot display the webpage.

The steps performed are:

In services had stopped the Tomcat service then renamed the folder to old then started tomcat and tried again,

Thanku.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Had installed fiddler tool. ,but its not diagonising anything.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Actullay these were working few days back,so am trying to get the root cause for them to stop working suddenly without any upgradations.

ill try installing them on other OS after some other solutions

Thanks.

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Win 7 doesn;t support BO 3.1. Can you try open Infoview URL in Win 8 or higher version.

I have had the same issue and resolved by running in Win 8.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am able to open Rich Client and designer, and even infoview for several times,guess it had some thing to do with IE .