cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while loading from OSD to Cube...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

I am trying to load delta data from 0co_om_opa_7 to a ODS and then to Cube.

While loading from DS to ODS the delta records are transferred fine but when loading to the cube i get an error in the monitor----- 'Extraction errors occured'.

Even though everything seems to be fine (did the DS replication before the load was started etc.) only loading from OSD to Cube I am facing this problem.

Please provide some suggestions in this regard.

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit, there is another way to do this that will save you time. Here are the steps:

You need to reint delta, but you need to make sure that you don't miss the last delta.

Steps:

1. Delete the failed request from the cube.

2. Delete the successful request from the ods

3. Delete initialization from ods to the cube

4. Do init without data transfer from ODS to the cube

5. Reconstruct the last deleted request in the ODS

6. Do Delta from ods to the cube.

Now you have reinitialized and got the last delta which is in the ods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Have assigned points too.

I would like to know that since my previous init from ODS to Cube was with data transfer on deleting that request i would loose all my data with that request too...

so now takaing this into consideration let me know what exact steps am i suppose to follow...

Would be gr8 if u could respond a bit quick....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do the first method I mentioned, deleting the data from the cube, then doing an initial run from the ODS to the cube, you will NOT loose any data.

The second method, is for when the Delta load fails. I have tested this in my dev environment, and I did not loose any data.

Steps for second method:

1. delete <u>failed delta</u> request from InfoCube.

2. delete the <u>successfull delta</u> request from the active que in the ODS

3. delete the Initialization from the ODS to the InfoCube. (R-click ODS, update data in data target, select Delta, IP displayed by system, select scheduler from menu, select initialization options for source system, pop-up window appears, select initialization and click the garbage can).

4. Go to update tab, select Initial, select without data transfer.

5. execute InfoPackage.

6. Rebuild deleted request in ODS

7. Activate data in ODS

8. R-Click ODS and select update data in data target.

9. Build index for InfoCube.

Hope I understood you correctly.

Good luck.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit, we are facing the same problem. We have been loading delta's just fine until we experienced a 'deadlock' situation during the upload from the ODS to the InfoCube. Our resolution was to re-initialize the delta process.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

What all steps did u take to re init the delta process....as i have the delta req in my ODS which needs to be updated to the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two ways to do this. 1. Initialize the process on the R3 side (This takes very long). 2. Initialize from the ODS to the InfoCube.

1. I won't go into.

2. Delete data from InfoCube (use context menu, it's much faster). Then use context menu from ODS to update data in data target. You will get two pop-up windows, 1 for 'No new delta since last update' just click the green check-mark. then you will get the second pop-up. This one you need to select Initialize then click green check. Go to menu option to delete previous Initialization option (This is under the Scheduler menu). Then start the load.

Hope this is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kurt.

I hope by using this method i dont loose any delta records as I have to delete the init used before....?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Since your load is failing from ODS to Cube. Then you don't have to worry about R/3 side.

What was the exact error you got loading data to Cube. If that error is rectified then just change the bad status once gaian to Red. Then delete the request and then remove the data mart status from ODS for the request which was failing loading to Cube.

And now run delta load from ODS to Cube.

This should solve your issue.

Regards

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After replication of source system , have you done activation for transfer structure??

if not run the report in se38 - RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL and then give your bw source system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i have run this program too...but still getting error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to monitor screen - right click on 'error occured on data selection' - display message ,see what error message it is telling whether it is timestamp or some other problem..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message says that ---'Delta update for ZOPA_O05 is invalidated'

This is the proposed solution----

>

SAP Message Screen

Diagnosis

The delta update for the InfoCube ZOPA_O05 is invalidated. The can be due to one of the following:

1. A request, which was already retrieved from the target system, was deleted from the InfoCube.

2. A request, which was not yet retrieved from the target system, was compressed in the InfoCube.

Procedure

Initialize your delta update again.

let me know wht needs to be done next.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before doing delta update , whether you have done init delta data load from that ods to cube ??

check in the infopackage - menubar -scheduler - initialistion option for source system.. (you can check already intialisation has been done or not )

if not try to do init delta and then do delta update from ods to cube..