cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while loading data to ods object from flatfile

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

Iam loading data from flatfile to ods object and the processing type is PSA and then to data target(package by package),data arrived in PSA(its green) but in monitor the request is in red and in details tab of <b>subsequent processing</b> <b>its showing as ODS activation</b><b>?(change-log):not yet activated</b> and overall the error is <b>Missing Messages</b>.

and its also saying like "Activation of data records from ODS object ODS_SALES terminated.

and in help node its saying like data arrived in BW and try to change the request from red to green?

can anyone tell me what will be the problem?

In settings of ODS object everthing is set to automatically.

many thanks

balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Some error occured during activation of data. Expand the ODS activation link in the monitor and check for the detailed message. See if you have any special character or lower case letters coming as part of the data.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen

problem is <b>generic</b> here.

In monitor tab the <b>request</b> and <b>overall</b> the statuts is "<b>RED</b>",but when I went into the <b>mange</b> tab of ODS object here the request is "<b>GREEN</b>",but the data is not available here.but data is still available in "<b>New data</b>",how come data is not yet activated.

bcoz in settings all are set to "automatically",so there is no question of manual activation?

One more question is in Settings Iam finding one column like "<b>Unique Data Records</b>",whats's this,if v check this what happens ifnot what happens?

regrads

balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

Check in the monitor what error you are getting while activation.

regarding unique data records:

With the Unique Data Records indicator, you determine whether only unique data records are to be updated to the ODS object. This means that you cannot load a data record into the ODS object the key combination for which already exists in the system – otherwise a termination occurs.

Regards,

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Select request from ods data mart and again activate it once again…

At T.code SM37 check the why the activation job was terminated... due to SQL problem or termination by manually..

Regards,

PRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prk

I did'nt get ur statements like "Select request from ods data mart and again activate it once again",where can v find the request from ODS data mart?

can u tell me how to find?

and this is a direct schdeuling(immediate),not back ground job,so tcode sm37 is for background jobs no?then also checked in sm37 and its saying like job has been canceled?

what to do

many thanks

balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

1. For this request id you didn't icon or symbol of request for reporting, because the activation job failure. That’s why i told select that request and activate it once again after completion of activation job you will get the icon or symbol for this request.

2. Even if you are doing direct scheduling (immediate) the activation job will be exit at SM37 (search the all job by all users).

Regards,

PRK