cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while doing flat file upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one flat file upload for one attribute. And i have placed this load in process chain and it is scheduled for daily.

Everyday it is going fail for this attribute load in the process chain, after that if i run this info package manually it is going success. I dont know why it is running successful when we run manually but not in process chain.

The error messages are :

An error occurred in record 1 during execution ofconversion exit CONVERSION_EXIT_PERI7_INPUT for field FISCPER.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even i had faced the same problem evey time long back

Step1

got to SM66 debug is shift f4 ,for your fiscper selections

Step2

Try putting into the ipak two ways of entering the data in diffrent format that is

2007012 or 12.2007

you will come to know that ,In the replicated datasource, the flag "use conversion exits" has already been set. So the function module already got input values in the right format and did therefore not deliver a well output when running the chain. so second time when you do that manually it will laod correctly

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I am not using any selection criteria for this info package.

If i check the source file, 002/2009 is the fiscper format it is using PERI7 as conversion routinue.

If you dont mind... could you please explain me little bit elaborate..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the conversion routine is creating a problem in executing the process chaning. i mean the the values are not getting converted at the run time of the infopackage in process chains. Debug the whole of the transfer rule by simulate update you will get the conversion error.

But when you manually trigger the the infopack the conversion exit are correctly set and the data get loaded fine.

its is jsut the dataformat issue correct it with the ABAPER and fix it

santosh

Edited by: Santhosh Nagaraj on Nov 14, 2009 3:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I understood what you are saying.

Could you please explain me how we can debug while this info packages is running in process chain.

As per your reply is : if we change our data format for FISCPER is from 002/2009 to 0022009 in flat file, it will solve our problem.

My question is Is it a SAP Bug? (While running in process chain it cant use conversion routine).

Thanks in advance