cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using File Location SFTP, XML target and file name in global variable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellow experts,

I'm experiencing a strange issue when using File Location in DS 4.2. I have File Location defined to SFTP server.

- When used with flat file format, everything works fine, regardless of whether the file name is in variable or hardcoded.

- When used with XML target file and the file name of the target file hard coded, everything works fine

- When used with XML target file (JSON) it works fine, regardless of whether the file name is in variable or hardcoded.

- When used with XML target file and the file name is in global variable, I'm getting error that the test-file can't be opened. The target type is a file, not a message and there is no test file at all.

Please find screenshots of the different scenarios are in the attached file.

Any ideas and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member316405
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Just remove the target file object from the dataflow and then drag and drop and connect.

Then select the filelocation object in the target file and save the changes and run the job.

Your job should run successfully now.

Thanks,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

It seems to be a bug in DS which has been fixed in the latest SP.

I've upgraded from SP5 to the current SP7 and the issue is gone.

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When used with XML target file and the file name is in global variable...

Can you upload the screen of the values assigned to the global variables mentioned above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached is the code snippet for assigning value to the variable and the value assigned from the execution log.