Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to create a package in Eclipe - ABAP Cloud BTP

cezar_leao
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,
I have the following error when trying to create a package in Eclipe connected to SAP BTP: System setting does not allow changes to be made to object DEVC.

ERRO_01.png

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

View Entire Topic
DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unlike the "classic" Crystal functionality on the BI Platform, Crystal for Enterprise processing is 64-bit. So, you have to have the 64-bit client installed on the server and you have to have a 64-bit ODBC connection created for it. You need the 32-bit client wherever you are developing the reports in Crystal for Enterprise, but the 64-bit version to run them on the platform.

Also, from MUCH experience (@20 years...), I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you use the native Oracle driver for Crystal instead of ODBC - it's much more stable and efficient.

-Dell

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, you have to use a universe that was created in the IDT (.unx). Old-style .unv universes won't work with Crystal for Enterprise.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

can I just have the 64 bit client installed in the server that already has the 32 bit client?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I have done that for several of my clients. As has been mentioned above, you'll also need to create a 64-bit ODBC System DSN (it should have the same name as the 32-bit DSN) on the the server after you install the 64-bit client.

-Dell