cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Using Text Variables with a Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a Text Variable to convert a week/year into day month year. ex. 01/2004 comes out "29 DEC 2003".

I have a userexit doing the code and it is working. If I run for a single week it is fine, but if I run for a range I get the error Abort No value could be determined for variable ZPERDATE. ZPERDATE is the text variable. After receiving the error the report comes out with the first date of the range populated correctly, but the rest of the range is not.

I created the Text Variable as Processing by 'Customer Exit' and Variable entry is 'Mandatory'.

I also tried another Text Variable as Processing by 'Replacement path' but the code will not hit my user exit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Make the text variable optional. That should fix the error.

You will have to populate a value into the low field of the text varaible in the customer exit. It cannot take a range. To display a range, move all values of the range into the low value of the text variable.

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aneesh,

That eliminates the error message but still only the first of the range shows up the rest is blank.

ex. 01/2004 02/2004 03/2004

29 DEC 2004

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

How is your query structured? Does it have a drill across by weeks?

If you have multiple weeks of data in one column, then how should the display be - should it be 29 Dec 2004 ... 12 Jan 2004? This will have to be done in the customer exit. The text variable will display the from value that is populated in the exit and not the entire range.

Regards

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

My user exit retuns a table in a select-option format

SIGN OPT LOW

I |EQ |29 DEC 2003

I |EQ |05 JAN 2004

My query looks similar to this

01/2004 02/2004

29 Dec 2004

xxx xx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx xxx xx xxxx xxxxxx xxxx