Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to set up the Console Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try set up the console client I am facing following error :

"Multiple properties files found[uh, hana.trial.ondemand.com, ui, dev, ua, d0xxxxtrial, uu d0xxx].Provide only one properties file."  I have attached the screen shot Please help me with the solution. 

Thanks,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For some reason the Console Client does not recognize '-' in the parameters -h, -i, -a, -u as a dash but as some other character (see that special 'u' in the error message). Thus, it does not consider them as parameters but rather as properties file names.

Please check again the input you enter in the console, and especially the keyboard input language.

Ulrich_Schmidt
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vladimir Pavlov wrote:

For some reason the Console Client does not recognize '-' in the parameters -h, -i, -a, -u as a dash but as some other character (see that special 'u' in the error message).

I have seen this behaviour many times before, e.g. when copy & pasting Unix commands from a Microsoft application like Word, Outlook, etc. into a Unix shell: some Microsoft applications have an "auto-correct" feature that replaces a "minus sign" (ASCII character 0x2D) typed on the keyboard with a "dash sign" (Microsoft CP1252 character 0x96). On the screen, these two characters look almost the same (the dash is a tiny bit longer than the minus...), so most often one does not notice the auto-replacement, until the Unix system responds with some strange unexplainable error message...

This could be, what has happened here?!

Best Regards, Ulrich

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yep, quite possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vladimir..

yes i got the solution since i am copying in to the console client i'm getting the error. I tried by typing manually and its working.

thanks,

Vikram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin,

I did not find .properties files in  tools folder.Please find the screen shot below. Can u suggest alternative solution.

Thanks,

Vikram

anton_levin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vikram,

SDK types, versions and system paths on 1st and 2nd screenshots are not the same and actually both are not of the latest versions. Did you try with the latests ones available SAP Development Tools for Eclipse ?

Regards,

Anton

huseyindereli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

At your tools folder, there seems to be two files with the extension of .properties. Normally you use this file to give information about your account. And it prevents you to enter your user info every time. So check your tools folder and provide only one properties file.

Cheers,

Huseyin.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is irrelevant. You can have as many properties files as you wish in your tools folder. None of them is picked up automatically - you have to explicitly specify it on the command line.