cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error STU00104 when installing BO XI 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am installing BO XI 3.1 on AIX 5.3 64bit server.

I had already installed Oracle 10.2g database on Windows 32 bit.

I have installed instant client 32 bit on AIX: Basic and SQLPlus . And successfully connect to Oracle DB by SQLPlus.

I have defined the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ORACLE_HOME and PATH, also show this error "Failure to validate the database credential has a potential to crash the database at a later stage. Enter the correct information. (STU00104)"

anybody help me please!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ON AIX you have to set LIBPATH, not LD_LIBRARY_PATH and you should use a full Oracle client, not the instant one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First time I installed Oracle Client 64 bit, but I reference to other post suggest install instant client.

Refer:

However, I tried LIBPATH and Oracle Client 64 bit / instant client 32 bit, also show this error.

But I cannot found Oracle Client 32 bit.

Thanks so much for your response.

0 Kudos

Hi

as far as I know the 32bit libraries are included also in the 64bit installaiton of the Oracle client. You just have to make sure that your LIBPATH library contains the correct directory (something like lib32)

Regards,

Stratos

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use 64bit Oracle client, just make sure LIBPATH points to /lib32 dir. Which should exist in Oracle client dir structure.

Xi3.1 needs 32bit libraries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the LIBPATH is point to lib32 folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I used Oracle client 64 bit and Environment value following:

PATH=u2026:u2026.:u2026..:$HOME/OraHome_1/bin:.

ORACLE_HOME=$HOME/OraHome_1

LIBPATH=$HOME/OraHome_1/lib32

How to find the SP version of BO XI 3.1?

0 Kudos

Is your BOBJ system running now?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, also error STU00104.

I find input wronging oracle information: password or user id / reset the LIBPATH point to wronging directory. Finally, the result is STU00104 until.

0 Kudos

Hi

which version of the Oracle client (please provide also the minor version numbers eg. 10.2.0.2) did you install on your BOBJ server?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you very much Efstratios Karaivazoglou!

I fixed this problem. I find many files size is 0 in installation disk, for example

-rwxrw-rw- 1 user group 0 Sep 13 2008 libetc.so

-rwxrw-rw- 1 user group 402896 Sep 13 2008 libetc.so.1.0.12.5

rename the libetc.so.1.0.12.5 to libetc.so, will be resume normal.

I don't know why make these 0 size of files by SAP?

Edited by: HenryYiu on Nov 18, 2009 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation completed but still with error and BO server cannot start.

Please note the locations e.g.: /mnt/nas/BO_install//setup/logs/BusinessObjects.12.1.log.summary

-

double /

and the BusinessObjects.12.1.log.summary file loged more same problems.

******************************Dump Screen**********************************************

BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 Setup

Operation Complete

Business Objects products have been installed with errors in :

/mnt/nas/BO_install/

To finish the system install, please run the following script as root :

/mnt/nas/BO_install/bobje/init/setupinit.sh

Summary of errors found during the installation :

/mnt/nas/BO_install//setup/logs/BusinessObjects.12.1.log.summary

[error] Errcode 1:

"/mnt/nas/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regedit" -c

"/mnt/nas/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw/../regupdate.reg"

Press [Enter] to go to the next screen

***********************************End*****************************************************

Help~~~~

Edited by: HenryYiu on Nov 19, 2009 5:43 AM

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you are running System install, try with User install , see if it'll be different.

Make sure you do chmod -R 755 * on install source directories.

Make sure you have set proper ulimits...

The error indicates that installer was not able to update the registry.

See if the install log has any more information on why.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Denis,

Thanks you for your reply!

What is System install and User install?? How to run User install?

I sure that install source directory is 777 and under the files.

The content of BusinessObjects.12.1.log.summary:

[error] Errcode 1: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regedit" -c "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw/../regupdate.reg"

[error] Errcode 1: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regsvr32" -c -nodisplay -v -s "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//libcodata.so"

[error] [Registry::SelfReg] Failed to register libcodata.so (regsvr32), error code: 1

[error] Errcode 1: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regsvr32" -c -nodisplay -v -s "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//libcoutilities.so"

[error] [Registry::SelfReg] Failed to register libcoutilities.so (regsvr32), error code: 1

[error] Errcode 1: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regsvr32" -c -nodisplay -v -s "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//libxpxml.so"

[error] [Registry::SelfReg] Failed to register libxpxml.so (regsvr32), error code: 1

[error] Errcode 1: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regsvr32" -c -nodisplay -v -s "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//libCEReportSource.so"

[error] [Registry::SelfReg] Failed to register libCEReportSource.so (regsvr32), error code: 1

[error] Errcode 1: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regsvr32" -c -nodisplay -v -s "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//.//libEnterpriseRepositoryAdaptor.so"

[error] [Registry::SelfReg] Failed to register libEnterpriseRepositoryAdaptor.so (regsvr32), error code: 1

[error] Errcode 1: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regsvr32" -c -nodisplay -v -s "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe//libexportmodeller.so"

[error] [Registry::SelfReg] Failed to register libexportmodeller.so (regsvr32), error code: 1

Edited by: HenryYiu on Nov 19, 2009 6:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

[error] Errcode 16777215: "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000/crpe/mw//bin-aix4_optimized/regsvr32" -c -nodisplay -v -s "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//libMetaDataPlugins.so"

[error] [Registry::SelfReg] Failed to register libMetaDataPlugins.so (regsvr32), error code: 16777215

[error] [Installer::doAction] fork: There is not enough memory available now.

[error] Errcode 16777215: mv "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//WIReportServer" "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//WIReportServer.bin"

[error] Errcode 16777215: cp -f "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//wireportserversubspacewrapper.sh" "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//WIReportServer"

[error] Errcode 16777215: mv "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//AADMining" "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//AADMining.bin"

[error] Errcode 16777215: cp -f "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//aadminingsubspacewrapper.sh" "/mnt/iesnas01/BO_install/bobje/enterprise120/aix_rs6000//AADMining"

The ulimit is :

time(seconds) unlimited

file(blocks) unlimited

Edited by: HenryYiu on Nov 20, 2009 2:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried run User install, the result is same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm going to post how this was resloved for Linux SLES 11 SP1 x64 as well as x86

I had installed Oracle client 11.2 x64 and x86 as well as 10.2 x86. Both oracle clients were administrator Installations

The issue was in fact caused by the missing Lib path LD_LIBRARY_PATH and permissions for oracle Libs under the $ORACLE_HOME/lib folder (depending on the oracle client).

In SLES 11 after installing oracle client with the user "oracle", you can tnsping or use sqlplus verify the oracle database you want to use for the installation is reachable. Very stright forward up to this point. Howerver when you cat the /etc/profile.d/oracle.sh file you'll see that the path LD_LIBRARY_PATH only exports for the user "oracle".

So my first attempt was using SLES 11 x64 and Oracle Client 11.2 x64. First I created another user called "sapusr" for the purpose of installing the software. Because I used the "sapuser" user account paths like LD_LIBRARY_PATH was never set. So when I tried to install the software I got the STU00104 error. After some research I tried to manually set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 then tried the installation once more and still got STU00104. After some more research I found that the acutal LD_LIBRARY_PATH exported by oracle should be $ORACLE_HOME/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib. So, long story short I modified the /etc/profile.d/oracle.sh file and commented out the if statement that caused the path to be exported for "oracle" user only. After this the installation worked for SLES11 x64 with Oracle Client 11.2x64.

Please note if you're using Oracle client 10.2 x86 then there's an extra step you may need to do. After installing oracle client, do a "ls -l" command under the folder $ORACLE_HOME/lib. You may see some lib files have the permission "rw-r--" compared with Oracle Client 11.2 "-rwxr-xr-x-. So, If you're using "sapusr" to install Cystal Server 2008, you may not have permissions to any of the the oracle lib files, if this is the case then it may not matter if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly or not as it will probably lead to STU00104 anyways.

So my lesson in this was make sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH and other paths was set properly according to the /etc/profile.d/oracle.sh file and make sure the installation user account "sapusr" or "bobje" have permissions of oracle lib files under $ORACLE_HOME/lib.

Hopefully my findings will help you getting through the installation.

Edited by: YanXue on Jun 1, 2011 11:44 PM

Edited by: YanXue on Jun 1, 2011 11:48 PM