cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error passing data from ODS to IC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem when passing data from ODS to Infocube. According to the messages, the problem is there is erroneous characters in one record's ZANLAGE characteristic. I check and found the problematic record. Mi question is Why the problem showed up when passing data from ODS to IC instead of when passing data from Infosource to ODS? I check de ODS and the problematic record is in: " " (hex.). How this characteristic value entered in the ODS correctly, but it can not enter the IC??

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I check the ODS settings and the BEx option is not checked. This may explain whay the problem showed up passig from ODS to IC and not before.

What should I do to catch the problem and pass the data from the ODS to the IC?

My problem is how to identify this record, can I use:

if ZANLAGE = " "

ZANLAGE = "XXXXXX".

end if.

Remember that " " is Hex. code!!.

regards

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

take a look to the code posted by Siggi:

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may want to getaway the chars by comparing each letter and if it is not a valid set then make it as pace..

i mean, compare each letter againist ABCD..Z123456789 and if it is not then make it space..

There was a nice weblog on this one.. will let you know if i find it..

regards,

Hari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

the problem has been solved, using the code provided by Robert, wich was originally given by siggy.

sorry for the delay, but I needed to test this and the last few days SDN was unusable!!

Thanks again for the help.

Mauricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cubillos,

How ur updating data from ODS to IC? is it export data source? or just right click and update ODS data in data target? and is ZANLAGE is a masterdata?

What i can guess with ur system is that ZANLAGE is masterdata and the IP which u used in updating IC from ODS, u have used the option "do not update data if no masterdata exist for a charracteristic" option under update tab in IP and u have not used this option while updating the ODS. Please let us know.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari is right !

Anyway, try to insert a little routine to replace these undesired characters...

Hope it helps!

Bye,

ROberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Notsure..

May be it gets an error only in creation of SIDs and that ODS may have not got BEx option checked in the settings of ODS.So it was not generating the SIDs for ODS and for the same reason it did not give an error..

Just thinking...

regards,

Hari