cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on extracting process: 'SDMKIT.JAR. The file is corrupt'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have both files (NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1.rar and NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part2.rar) in the same directory but when I start the extracting process I got those messages:

D:\SAP_portal\NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1.rar:

Unexpected end of archive

CRC failed in NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11\NWSneakPreviewSP11\SneakPreviewContent\SDM\SDMKIT.JAR. The file is corrupt

Cannot create NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11\DeveloperStudioSP11\J2EE-

RUNT-CD\IDE\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.tc.ap\comp\CAF\DCs\sap.com\caf\runtime\connectivity\impl\_comp\gen\default\public\com.sap.caf.mp.core.svc\90549cee3a85b8105ec24698da254123.HASH

Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters

I wonder to know what happend and how can I fix it.

Appreciate your help,

Luis.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I dont't know about a mirror. I downloaded the files and extract without problems.

In the following thread is an instruction how to uncompress:

Do you use Winrar? Do you select both files if you extract? Try to rename the directory SAP_portal to NW4 (or an other very short name)

Hope that helps!

Best regards

Renald

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

i am experiencing the same thing. when i unzip them with 7-Zip, i get the first package correct. interestingly there is a DSMKIT.JAR which is very small.

I unzipped in folder J:/ directly and i am using XP SP2.

When i try the second part, i get a CRC error.

Tried 2 times so far....

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

I found out that my problem was related with the Network. I downloaded again on a external computer (outside the network) and the winrar.exe unzipped fine.

I hope this could help you,

Regards,

Luis.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

it seems that your path-name is to long. Look at the installation-instruction:

"Due to Windows file system restrictions, the path name length of the destination directory must not exceed 10 characters".

Try to put the files in a directory like "c:\share" and extract them again.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Renald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis, I was checking my work mail and I saw your message. Like Renald said, I think that your problem is the base directory... I don´t think that the file is corrupt, maybe is an uncompress problem. Maybe is better to install it in C: in a small name directory. Answering your other question... I don´t have any software media sorry...

Keep in touch,

Best Regards,

Luis Jorge Castro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renald

Thanks for your Help. I tried again and I had the same error. I have downloaded 2 times the files. I am going to try again. Maybe it is a network problem.

Do you know where can I find a mirror site to download the files?

Thanks again.

Luis.