cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading data from DSO to InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have created a process chain for transfering data. The loading to the DSO works fine. But the loading to the InfoCube has problems. An error like "insert into database ... Oracle ..." occurs (don´t have the whole message here, will check it later).

The process chain has a step "delete conten of data target" (for the used infocube) and then the data is loaded from the DSO to the InfoCube.

Is it maybe neccessary to insert one more process step called "delete index of data target"?

It would be then (the last part of the process chain:

Delete content of data target > delete index of data target > load from DSO to InfoCube.

But I´m thinking if the step "delete index of data target" is neccessary if NO step "create index" is available in the process chain. Is it possible or does it make sense to insert an "delete index of data target" in the process chain when no "creat index" step is available?

Does somebody has similar problems?

Is this more a problem for the SAP basis / database team?

Edited by: saplaz on Dec 22, 2010 10:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Drop indexes before loads to Infocubes and then recreate indexes. For me the loads went fine somtimes but failed sometimes if indices are not dropped.

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can try deleting the fact data of the InfoCube from SE14 before processing the load again. The DB error looks like an issue with partitions. Try the following -

SE14 => /BI<X>/F<cubename> (X = 0 if content else C)

Change

'Activate and adjust database' with radio button 'Delete data' selected.

Then try to load the data again from DSO or run the PC.

Hope it helps!

Regards, Deepti

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like an Oracle DBA index issue. contact Basis or DBA person to create index in the Oracle data base.

There are times ,when creating an index on the SAP table (whether its BI or ECC),the index did not generated in the oracle. in such cases check with your Basis team which has the Oracle DBA responsibly for creating index at the oracle level.

Also try to include the drop index and create index as suggested by other frnds.

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your quick response. I will try it with the process chain.

The mentioned error is:

Runtime error: DBIF_RSQL_SQL_ERROR

Exception: CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

Text of the database: deadlock detected while waiting for resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is memory or table space issue...Pls contact basis.

Regards...

Bala

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like temp table space issue.

contact your BASIS team to check the Temp table spaces, if needed ask them to increase the temp space.

Also ask them to check if there is any System issue.(check in SM21)

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you include Delete Index step in the process chain, it will automatically take Create Index also for the same Process variant.

So better include Delete index--> Load the data --> Create Index.

Also Include a step for Rollup if you are using any aggregates on top of Infocube.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I´m contacting the basis team I will try it with the process chain. The thing is, I have no access for testing in development or testsystem. I have to transfer all the changes to production and test it there because the developsyst. and testsystem aren´t working properly. I´m a little bit in trouble and the the testing environment is frustrating.

My process chain contains actually these steps:

1. Start

2. PSA request delete

3. Data load (from ERP)

4. Data transfer process (from ERP to DSO)

5. DataStore data activating

6. Data target InfoCube deleting content

7. Data transfer process from DSO to InfoCube

Inserting index steps would change the process chain as follows:

1. Start

2. PSA request delete

3. Data load (from ERP)

4. Data transfer process (from ERP to DSO)

5. DataStore data activating

6. Data target InfoCube deleting content

7. Delete index

8. Data transfer process from DSO to InfoCube

9. Create index

Does it make sense?

Edited by: saplaz on Dec 23, 2010 11:29 AM

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes adding delete index and create index make sense.

I don't think there is a need for you to change the PC. if the PC running for the first time?

The short dump is related to the memory issue or some data base problem.

first contact BASIS team to check into the Short dump and if necessary increase the temp spaces.

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The short dump is related to the memory.

Ask your BASIS team to look into the Short dump and if necessary increase the temp spaces.

The addition of delete and create indexes is correct though it will work only if the memory issue gets resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried it only with inserting the step "delete index" and there is no dump anymore. This was the initial load with data amount about 1.000.000.

But I will do a few more tests and see what happens.

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gr8... if the issue is resolved plz close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will close the thread when I´m finished with testing but it look like it works.

The data amount is about 1.000.000 for the initial load and for the delta load about 1.000 / month new data sets.

I´m wondering if I really need the create index step in the PC after data transfer. Becaus I only inserted the delete index and there is no more error message.

Edited by: saplaz on Dec 27, 2010 1:49 PM