cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading business object attributes...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm very close, but still no prize. Perhaps someone can help.

In using EP 6.0 at SP9, patch 1, and have configured systems for R/3 drag and relate. I can launch transactions against the system, and key fields are draggable. I'm unable to set up object relations, however, because I can't see object attributes in the Relationship Editor.

The default.trc file for the DQE service shows the following error:

<QUERY_SERVICE.ERROR> Error trying to access metadata for loading metadata for elements/keys of the group :R3B.BUS1072

[QueryMetadataException] ERR.018.004.0013: Unknown group name: R3B.BUS1072

1 [NoMetadataIDExistException] ERR.008.005.0090: Incomplete group name ""

How does one set the group name? Objects imported automatically from this system...

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julia_diskin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Scott,

1. Please, verify that all objects are imported. Go to Content Administrator-->Portal Content. All imported objects should appear under the folder "Business Objects".

2. Now you can check if your system configured well for DQE. Right click on the folder "Business Objects" and select "Import Business Objects".

3. Your system alias should appear in the "Available" list.

Is your system there?

Regards,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, the DQE service is running, and yes, my systems show as "Available" in "Import Business Objects." One issue: The systems show as available, but I cannot expand them in the "Available Business Objects" list. I can add an entire system as a folder, and then all objects appear as loaded business objects in that folder. All objects appear in the system-named folder under Portal Content -> Business Objects too...

Question: is SAPLogonTicket authentication required? I'm currently using User Mapping because I cannot restart my target R/3 system to set ticket-related profile params. If that's it, then problem solved...

S.

julia_diskin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Scott,

SAPLogonTicket authentication is not mandatory. User mapping is fine. By the way, the fact that the system appears in "Available" list means that User Mapping configured well, but the fact that it is not expanding could refer to some problem with DQE configuration.

Please, go to your System configuration and reenter the user and the password for Distributed Query Engine property category. It doesn't mean that the parameters that already there are not correct, but there is some open issue regarding this. It might help. For the comment, the user and the password for the DQE should be administrator user and password for the backend system.

Good luck,

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julia, that's got it.

I'd been using the SAP<SID>DB user and password in my DQE system properties, rather than a log in to the R/3 source system. Once I made that change, I could see object attributes.

This is not especially clear in the documentation, I must say, nor is it intuitive. For folks who've tried this against JDBC systems (notably against DBs in the same server as the J2EE DB), D&R works because the logins to the source system and the DQE system are the same... Gives one a false sense of correctness. Anyway, thanks for the assist!

Regards,

Scott Jones

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

Is the DQE service running?

Regards,

Shanker