cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error [javax.servlet.jsp.JspException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having problems integrating j2ee web apps into the portal.

Here's the step I've done:

1. Creating an application that needs log in, and then does some transactions based on user actions/what user needs.

2. Tested on local machine using Apache Tomcat 4.1 and works perfect!

3. Created WAR whether directly from build result (using NWDS) and creating WAR from using deploytool.

4. Created EAR file and then deploy it to the portal. All steps are done without error.

5. Tried to open http://localhost:50000/

<ear_name>

It gives me the following error:

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details:

Error [javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE].

Exception id: [000C292A67430069000000D70000071000044AFC1E2EC5F1]

I need your help to find what's wrong...any suggestions are welcome. Let me know if you need any further details of the apps.

TIA.

Charles A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

This looks like a struts specific problem, I googled the exception string and found alot of posts.

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

So just googling can help.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thnx for the reply.

I've googled too before I post this topic and most of them suggested to check on the config and xml files and I've checked mine and it's there.

It's working perfectly fine on local machine using tomcat as web container.

What I need to know is, is there anything that needs to be configured before this application can really works on the portal? Adjustment to the file or its structure maybe since it's deployed on SAP Portal?

Thanks a lot,

Charles A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, Struts mostly won't work directly with j2ee war and ear deployment in portal. I think you should J2ee migration kit to migrate the application structure correctly to portal.

Regards,

Harini S

• Consider rewarding if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

Thnx for your reply.

I've deployed a J2EE apps before and it was using struts as well. But the difference is it was already build by other person and it worked well.

This time I get the "opportunity" to build it. Apparently something isn't right, dunno whether it's in the code or something but it can't even open the login page when it was deployed on the portal. I've tried to "match" everything up with the previous apps but still no result.

I must add that everything works perfect in local machine.

Still hoping this isn't a terrifically extremely stupid mistakes...

Still open to any help & suggestions.

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" clearly shows it is not able to find some resource. Check based on that or check the latest portal log from server in path Drive:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log/defaultTrace.trc. It would help you locate the cause.

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

Thanks again for your reply.

I've tried looking in the logs but it's helpless....same error message and the "stack trace" didn't help.

I've managed narrowed down the problem, the bean tag I'm using is unread by the server apparently. BUT, the previous apps's bean tag were able to be read by the server.

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the struts/servlet/any reference versioning I'm using with my apps.

Still open to any suggestion T_T

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've figured out what seems to be the problem after two whole days spent resolving this.

The struts-config.xml file was set to use struts-config_1_2.dtd. Apparently the apps server unable to figure that out or something which is the root of all errors.

Changed it to struts-config_1_1.dtd and it worked just like I want it on the portal.

And added the following tag right above the context-param tag in the web.xml:

<listener> <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class> </listener>

Thanks a lot for the help people..

Regards...