cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SOST Transaction - Mail Sending to OUTLOOK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Requirement where, I am sending mails from Workflows to OUTLOOK. Mails are Going absolutely fine for some Cases, but in some Cases it ends up in Error in SOST Trnsaction.

Is there a limit to the E-Mail Address.. to which mails are being sent..!!

From the SU01 and BP Transaction, I can see that E-Mail ID Field is 241 Characters..

In the Address Strings in the E-Mail ID Container element...which stores E-mail ID..its 241 characters..!!

When the Mail from the WF goes, it shows in SOST and from there it ends in Error. The Receipient Address Field in SOST is 35 Characters but it shows only 30 Characters.

When I check the WF Log, the Address String Container Element also fetches 30 Characters, whereas it si 241 Characters long.

Can you please let me know..where else I am missing.

Regards,

Kanika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can you tell me how you solved this error ?

Thanks in advance

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread with the details of your problem.

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T.code SBWP, Create 'New Message' give that external email id and check whether it going fine.

If yes, check the email id data type.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanika,

Since the field length is of 35 characters, it shows the mail id only up to 35 characters in SOST, but this do not affect sending the mails(happening in my case).There should be some other reason why the mails are ending up in error.Please check the mail ids.

Regards,

Thoufique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please test the same scenario using SAP User Id and the email address maintained in SU01d. Try to send mail to the SAP User Id. Ideally it will also send mail to outlook.In this case ADDRESSTRING will store the SAP User Id.

Thanks

Arghadip