cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in phase START INSTANCE while installing CI in HA Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While Installing Central Instanse in HA Environment It got stuck in step Start Instance. When I manually tried to Start CI it is giving me below error in trans.log file.

db_con_connect (con_name=R/3) 77 0.007960

find_con_by_name found the following connection for reuse:

0: name = R/3, con_id = 000000000 state = DISCONNECTED, perm = YES, reco = NO , timeout = 000, con_max = 255, con_opt = 255, occ = NO

ERROR => unable to load DB2 library 'libdb2.a(shr_64.o)'. Reason: Could not load module shr_64.o.

System error: No such file or directory 5090 0.013119

ERROR in DB6Connect[dbdb6.c, 1467] CON = 0 (BEGIN)

DbSlConnectDB6: Unable to load DB2 libraries. Connect failed.

ERROR in DB6Connect[dbdb6.c, 1467] (END) 22 0.013384

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = DB6 --- DB2DBDFT = 'BJ1'"

I have Installed ASCS and database successfully on below Platform:-

DB:-DB2

Above error comes while Installing CI. Please suggest your views to resolve this.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frank,

I did all you have said but it seems every thing was fine. I also Investigated a lot but couldn't find any. So I finally did cleanup and start Installation again.

Thaknks for all your help.

Best Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Frank,

I have checked both the points and both these are there in my system.

Best Regards

Devendra

Frank-Martin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Ok. If both the CLI driver and the runtime client exist on your application server, the SAP kernel will default to the CLI driver.

If not expicitly overridden by environment settings ( DB2_CLI_DRIVER_INSTALL_PATH ), the SAP kernel will look for the CLI driver libs in /usr/sap/SAPSYSTEMNAME/SYS/global/db6/OS/db6_clidriver/lib .

An "R3trans -x" call should generate a "trans.log file containing the followig line ( LINUX ).

4 ETW000 [dev trc ,00000] Info: successfully loaded DB2 library '/usr/sap/E72/SYS/global/db6/LINUXX86_64/db6_clidriver/lib/libdb2.so'

If this does not work although the libs exist, you should check your environment settings ( SAPSYSTEMNAME, DB2_CLI_DRIVER_INSTALL_PATH ) and the file permissions/ownership of the files in /usr/sap/SAPSID/SYS/global/db6 .

Regards

Frank

Frank-Martin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

is your system using a "DB2 runtime client" or a "CLI driver" client ?

a.) CLI driver

This client is deployed in /usr/sap/SAPSID/SYS/global/db6

Does this directory exist and contain the CLI driver? If yes, "R3trans -x" should work and find the client .

b.) DB2 runtime client

SAP systems with kernel version 6.40 and lower and some 7.x systems may still use this client.

This client is locally installed in ~db2sid/sqllib

User db2sid must exist and DB2INSTANCE needs to be set to db2sid.

Could you please check.

Regards

Frank