cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in importing RFC into ESR from PI system itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario that needs to send log info, which is stored in PI itself, to WebSphere via SOAP.  The RFC has been developed in PI, which reads data from a custom table and uses FM SXMB_SELECT_MESSAGES to retrieve messages that have not been updated to the table yet.

The communication is between PI (RFC) and WebSphere (SOAP). When I tried to import the RFC into PI (design), the following error occurred and prevented it from importing. Part of the error message is listed below and the error log file can be found in the attachment. Has anybody experienced the same issue? It is appreciated if you could shed some lights on this.

DDFactory could not be instantiated: Check you backend connection

com.sap.aii.ib.sbeans.upload.RemoteUploadException: DDFactory could not be instantiated: Check you backend connection

at com.sap.aii.ib.server.upload.UploadServiceBean.openSAPSource(UploadServiceBean.java:88)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)….

Thanks in advance for your help,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shawn

What basis component are you using?

Check if note 908347 is applicable for you?

I hope RFC is remote enabled and the use has relevant authorizations.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Monika.

For the PI system, our SAP Basis is SAPKB71106 and PI_Basis is SAPK-71106INPIBASIS. I checked OSS note 908347, which is valid to Release 620 Support Package 620-SAPKB62029. We are at PI711-SAPKB71106. I would think the issue in this note should have been fixed in PI 7.1.

The RFC is remote enabled. I am getting the error on the first screen of importing objects in ESR. At the screen of entering the application server name, system number and logon credential, it immediately returned the error of DDFactory and did not get to the screen of IDOC/RFC for selection as in normal case.

Thanks,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your input.

The issue has been resolved. It is an authorization issue. It worked fine when using PISUPER user id instead of my user id.

Thanks,

Shawn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

it look PI not able to connect to your ECC system using the details what you have entered in SWC imported object.

I think you have entered wrong details,createb one RFC destination in PI (tx SM59) and check the connection .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply.

I am importing RFC definition from PI itself not ECC. There is no thirty party involved in the scenario.  Only two systems are needed in the communication - PI and WebSphere.  Is there any setting that needs to be made in PI so that the RFC definition that resides in PI itself can be imported into ESR?

Thanks,

Shawn