cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in formula - contact to Businees Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a formula in a Cross tab that I used in other reports and its working.

But in the actual reports, the message appears:

"error in formula. Please contact Business Objects"

FORMULA:

if GridLabelAt ("Comando.ANYO_CASO",CurrentColumnIndex) = {?Año de Selección}-1 then 1

do u know somnething?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

How are you using this formula? Are you formatting a row or column? Usually this function is only available on a crosstab object. Doesn't work on the totals.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im working in a crosstab.

I create a new line, and sometime the error appears. Is very strange. I have to referene the colum ...that why I use these formula.

I have a one crosstab where is working fine. But the crosstab that i work now the error appears. I will try to create another....

It's a problem these error for me ...

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Is it possible the formula is being used somewhere in the crosstab that's referencing a row or column that's been removed? Something similar happened to me and I found the problem in the font formula. I was changing the color of the font based on a condition on the crosstab.

The formula was in the totals row and the column it was referencing was deleted. Everytime the crosstab ran an error would come up.

Good luck though, I think redoing your crosstab may be a good start for something like this.

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thank you.

finally it's works.

I explain you, because I tested a lot of things:

I have a cross tab with columns: 2009 and 2010 and severals automatic rows.

I have to create a other column with the DESVIATION.

But when I have the 3 columns, these formula doesn't work when you are going to put another row.

You have to put all the rows that you want, and the last step is doing the 3th column.

did you understand me? Someone know why?

thank you a lot!! i learn a lot with you!

Answers (0)