Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File ****.rpt: The table could not be found in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a Crystal Report which uses a stored procedure to get it's data.

The stored procedure has no parameters but it is pretty complex and gives a resultset in the end with a select statement.

I designed the report in CR

The report works perfect in crystal reports designer.

Unfortunately I am getting an error in Central Management Concsole and InfoView

The error is:

Error in File ****.rpt: The table could not be found.

I am using ODBC connection and I even used to sa credentials to run the report in CMC but had no luck.

One thing I should mention that the stored procedure name as ;1 in the end.

I appreciate if you could help me with this report


Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Active Contributor
0 Kudos


I presume that the report is refreshing correctly in Designer. Is that the case?

If you are using SQL Server, you can activate profiler to check the query received in both cases (designer and CMC) and the user who is running it. That might give you a clue about what is happening.



Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally found a work around this problem.

Instead of using the stored procedure directly to get the data in Crystal Report Designer, I used the add command

and called the execute stored procedure command and it worked in Central Management Console Beautifully.

I hope this helps others as well.

exec "Database"."owner"."Procedure"

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SQL profiler RPC completed shows:

exec sp_tables N'My[_]Procedure [_]Name[_]Has[_]Underscores,N'%',NULL,NULL

and it's variations. Nothing else and that returns no result.

My procedure name has underscores, I will get rid of that.

I will recreate my Stored procedure without underscore or any special characters and let you know about the result