Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

error in DTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am getting the above error while loading DTP.

the message says "

data package contains error messages. transformation inactive, cannot be executed"

also, "too many error records, update terminated"

kindly let me know how to resolve this issue?

kirti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok..

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

also enable temporary storage in dtp. it will point at the error record and may show what is the error

Former Member
0 Kudos

the message says "

data package contains error messages. transformation inactive, cannot be executed"

also, "too many error records, update terminated"

also, i am getting the below msg:

The existing DTP requires a serialized update because fields are updated

non-commutatively during the processing run (for example, MOVE).

Therefore all new data records that have the same semantic key as

incorrect records that have not yet been corrected in earlier requests

or earlier data packages of the same request, are filtered out after the

extraction in a special step. In this way the system ensures that

incorrect data records are not repeated for your changes, which may not

contain errors themselves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

This thread is getting nowhere with an array of suggestions.

Ok. Start fresh.

Since you have mentioned that you couldn't find any error records, I'd suggest you to load a sample dataset (for eg. 5-10 records) and check whether it's loading fine without any issue.

If the problem still persists, start a new discussion and follow it from there. The reason why I'm telling is that if any new person wants to post on your issue, he has to go through all the replies made by others so that he won't suggest existing solutions and it saves time as well. Close this thread and start a new discussion.

Br,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate data in DSO first

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

in this screen select your key fields from DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

but check this setting in DSO: it should be switched off:

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kirti,

you using BI 7.x version, its not 3.0.

can you post the error message what it showing Error DTP, erroneous record in detailed plzz

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, shd i chk the box 'do not chk for uniqueness of data" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i am working on sap bi version 3.0...i dont have the 'handle duplicate records' option in the dtp.. could u let me know how to perform this action in 3.0 bi?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kirti,

you better search that screen is there any option like that , other wise better to attach your screen, thru that experts can suggest you further..bcaz most of the people working BI 7.X or 3.5...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if setting "Unique Data Records" is not switched on in your DSO.

Regards,

DL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the above comments, check whether "Handle duplicate records" is enabled in your DTP under "Update" tab.

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Enabling 'handle duplicate records' may solve the issue by overwriting the first erroneous record with the subsequent erroneous records with the same semantic key and at the end there might be only one record.I dont think u can lose records unless its a master data load or multiple transaction data full loads. So enable it if its okay to lose records

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am working on sap bi version 3.0...i dont have the 'handle duplicate records' option in the dtp..

Former Member
0 Kudos

all the data packages contain 101 records, and have only numeric values..which r correct.. there s no error tht i can find..

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can try to update to dso via debug mode in dtp and put breakpoints on routines created in the transformation.

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wondering why the screenshot  in dtp says that there are 40323 records but your data packages contain only 101 records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thk u for ur replies, but as i mentioned, all the records have error status..and i am unable to figure out the error..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your source data and the data type specs (length, type) in the BW system matches.

The records you are showing may not be erroneous records but contains the same key as the error record. This record you have to find but it usually is the first record for the specified key set in the error stack.

If you don't want this, you can delete the records in the error stack and run the dtp for successful loading.

Br,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

the delete option is greyed out for me..wat can i do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kerti,

Click one error record and you will find any special charecters will show in error DTP i am sure...

Thanks & regards

Jagadeesh Naidu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new DTP without maintaining error stack and load data.

Br,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

no Jagadeesh, i could not find any erros/special character in the recorsds...i checked abt 5-6 of them

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any other solution than creating a new dtp?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kirti,

By seeing your screen  there will be some error, so click on change button so check carefully data and find any spl characters or space or any unallowed symbols in BW system..

regards

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

I dont know for what error the dtp filtered out a record.But what i do understand from the error message is you were trying to load to a dso which will overwrite records with same semantic key combination. Also you might have enabled semantic key check in dtp. So ideally u should not be loading data with same semantic key ecombination which means duplicate  records which in d so means loss of records.So see the first record in the error dtp or datasource and try to correct it manually or do a trial and error method by running with one record in the same transformation.

It can also happen if u are loading transaction data before master data and u have not enabled it at the same time.

Arjun

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi kirti,

click ok error status and see error what  it saying in detailed, that would be better to solve the issue.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the transformation is active... can i still run the program RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE from SE38??

also, i am getting the below msg:

The existing DTP requires a serialized update because fields are updated

non-commutatively during the processing run (for example, MOVE).

Therefore all new data records that have the same semantic key as

incorrect records that have not yet been corrected in earlier requests

or earlier data packages of the same request, are filtered out after the

extraction in a special step. In this way the system ensures that

incorrect data records are not repeated for your changes, which may not

contain errors themselves.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

If your transformation is active, then no need to use the program.

Semantic keys and error stack ensures serialization and this is the general behavior.

From your error message it is apparent that you have error records in the error stack.

Correct those records in the error stack and run the error dtp.

It is not possible to load further records of same keys unless you correct the records in the error stack and update it to target.

If this is done, you can proceed in loading further records through normal DTP.

Br,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

currently, as i can see in the error stack, all the request have error status.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

rectify the erroneous records, run the Error dtp and see the load states at target manager tab.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

Go to error stack and see the erroneous records and correct it.

Br,

H

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krti

Check the transformation between DataSource and DSO.  Sometimes in RSA1 screen it shows green but when you open, it might be inactive.

You can use program RSDG_TRFN_ACTIVATE from SE38 to directly activate an inactive transformation.  Run the program and input technical name of the transformation.

Cheers

Anindya

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

Plz check transformation are in M Version or active version(executable). if transformations are inactive, make it as active and delete red request at target manager tab and try to re run DTP.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

Check whether your transformation is active.

Next, check your source package and error stack (if any) for erroneous records.

Correct those and try to load a single record. If it's successful, go for mass load.

Br,

H

oliver_uy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

there might be an invalid data being inserted to the DSO check the other error messages in the DTP.