Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:Failed to render page ..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i was using visual studio 2005 with crystal reports 2008, it was working fine

but now i changed crystal reports 2008 to crystal reports 10 with the same visual studio 2005

now i can access all the reports except charts, where ever i am using charts that reprots is not loading

into my aspx page it is giving below error but in my development server those reports also working after deploying

into server this problem occuring :

Crystal repor viewer - Crystal reports viewer1

Error:Failed to render page

Pls help me its urjent

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Crystal Reports 10 is not compatible (supported/tested) with Visual studio 2005.

It will always run into issues.

Crystal Reports 2008 and Visual Studio 2005, a working combination, why change it..

Thanks,

Bhushan.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bushan is correct - assuming you changed to CR 10.0. If you are using the bundled version of CR for .NET 2005 (10.2) that will be fine.

Except...

CR 2008 contains a Chart Expert that is way more featured than CR 10.2. Therefore CR 10.2 may not run these reports. The same will go for features such as dynamic and cascading parameters which are only available in CR XI R2 and higher. Just yesterday I created a KBase on the very same issue - unfortunately the KB is not yet published, but following is the content:

1486924 - Low system resources error when exporting a report with charts to PDF file format in a VS .NET application 

*Symptom*

Exporting a report to PDF results in the error: 
Error in File <path>{8F9A2AEB-96BB-400F-AB88-47E09C916B67}.rpt:
Low system resources.."

Export to other formats is successful 

*Cause *

The report was created in version 11.5 (XI Release 2) of Crystal Reports 
The Crystal Reports runtime used in the application was 10.2 

*Resolution*

Do not use runtime older than the version of Crystal Reports that the report was created in 
Do not use versions of Crystal Reports that bundle with VS .NET (9.1, 10.2, 10.5) to run reports built in stand-alone versions of Crystal Reports 
New versions of Crystal Reports are more fully featured 
If a new feature is used, it will not be supported by the older version resulting in unanticipated behavior or errors 
In this case, the Chart Expert in CR XI R2 was used to build the charts 
Examples of other features that may cause issues; 
Dynamic Parameters 
Cascading Parameters 
Database connections using native database drivers such as crdb_oracle.dll 

Ludek

Answers (0)