Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error deleting user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to delete a user and I always get this error:

"com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.PersistenceException: Principal "UACC.company.user_xxx" is not deletable."

The code I use is this:

IUserFactory userFactory = UMFactory.getUserFactory();

userFactory.deleteUser(userUniqueID);

This user was not created via SAP.

I don't know if this has some influence in this situation.

Thanks for any help conceeded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first, welcome on SDN!

About your question: From the uniqueID of the user (as well as from your description "user was not created via SAP") I see that you are using some third party data store (LDAP).

You have connected the LDAP as read only (so you cannot delete users from it) or there are security settings within your LDAP which prohibit a deletion in this situation.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN. Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Detlev!

What kind of permissions are you refering to? How can I set them? Can this API realy delete Users or groups from another data store other than SAP? I'm a bit lost in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

gc_sdn

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gc_sdn,

(1) Yes, in general it is possible to delete a user if the connected LDAP is read/write.

(2) I expect your's is not. And if it should be a security setting on LDAP site, you'd have to ask your LDAP admin to check this; that wouldn't be a portal related question.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Once again, please consider rewarding points if people use their time to help you.

Answers (0)