cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR BRAIN (416): InfoObject ?? is used in both structures of the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am trying to modify a complex Query with rows of many RKFs/CKFs.  Currently report filter is restricted on value type=10. 

I need to modify it to add a column restricted to value type 10 and a second column resttriced to value type=20 plus a column of variance.  I have removed the report filter and added a structure with 2 selections, 1 restricted to value type 10, 2nd restricted to value type 20.  I am getting the error 416.  I tried doing this with reference cells but got same error.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently your query contains 2 structure.

And in both structures you are using a certain infoobject.  that is not allowed.

Trace back what you have changed and you will find the culprit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk for your reply.  I know the change that is causing the problem. I have value type twice restricted once by 10 and 2nd time by 20 but this is the result I need to accomplish.  Cna you suggest another way to do this ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No that's not the problem.  You can use value type multiple times in one structure.

It's no problem to create 2 columns: 1 with 010 and the other with 020.  That won't give any error as long as value type is not used in any other structure.

But the issue here is that (I assume) in your rows you also have a structure with value type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for your reply !

That was my original thought but when I used the where used it came back with nothing.  I guess this is not accurate ?  This report has 45 rows of CKFs/RKFs do you have any suggestions to easily find this without having to open each one ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm, it should however give you result.

Anyhow: you can try to use txn RSRTQ. It gives a query definition.

It's not 100% accurate, but if you're lucky you can see in which selections value type is used.

Beats opening each one of them.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Tcode RSRTQ and provide your query name it will give you the whole query definition.

There you can easily navigate and expand the selections to understand the more on the same.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 2X U & Anshu

Thanks very much for this tip! I have not used this tcode before.  I DID find the culprit.  It is nested in a RKF used in a RKF used in CKF so that may explain why "Where Used" did not find it. 

Not sure how I am going to resolve this one but I apprecate very much all your help.

Answers (0)