cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error before sending due to idoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML

saurabhkumbhare
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rescue Team,

I am facing the following error 😕

16.06.2014 23:22:42.164ErrorError before sending due to idoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <ZORDERS10>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=526, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=527
16.06.2014 23:22:42.166ErrorMP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Error before sending due to idoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <ZORDERS10>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=526, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=527
16.06.2014 23:22:42.190ErrorException caught by adapter framework: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <ZORDERS10>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=526, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=527
16.06.2014 23:22:42.190ErrorTransmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection EDISeparator_http://sap.com/xi/XI/EDISeparator failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: Error before sending due to idoc parsing error: (7) IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: An IDocConversionException occurred while parsing IDocXML for type <ZORDERS10>: state=READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, charPosition=526, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=527

and the payload transferred is as attached in the attachment below.

I have refered various blogs, however I am still not able to understand how to get the exact location of the error location..According to me, the value that is giving trouble is OTH in <BSARK> however I have checked the permitted values for BSARK on ECC and OTH is maintained.

Can you please help how I can resolve this error.

Thanks

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabhkumbhare
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This is solved..I corrected the date format of the ZZTIME segment from 1157 to 115700.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Can you please help me out with this and even I'm also facing same issue and how it was resolved..

Thanks

Somu Reddy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jayaraj2018
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

My 2 cents on this issue.

Whenever there is an IDoc parse failure due to READING_FIELD_VALUE_TAG, try following the steps below.

The charPosition in the error helps to locate the data error in payload.

1. If unsure, first analyze the DATE and TIME fields in the payload to check if those are in SAP standard format.
2. Second, if data/time is not an issue, then verify if all data in idoc fields adheres to Data Type of the respective fields. Like check if a CHAR string is being passed on to an idoc field that is expecting data in DEC format.

Regards,
Jay