cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error After Succesfull Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am installed BOXI 3.1 on windows server 2003, Installtion went succesfull. When i launch CMC it throws and error " Error: Server servername:6400 not found or server may be down (FWM 01003) null". When i checked the LOG it says' " OCI_INAVALID_HANDLE".

In CCM, SIA is working, Tomcat is working.

I used an existing Oracle database which was previously used by other SAP BO XI 3.1 on different server. It was also a new installation and doesnt have any data. I uninstalled the BOXI 3.1 on that server and started on new server. Now its throwing this error.

I tried installing with MYSQL database, its working fine. TNSPING to that database is fine. what might be error. I even re-initialized database on CCM, still same error. beacuse as i used same user id and password for both installations is that causing an error?

Any ideas?

Please help me in this, i am rishing in this issue.

Thanks

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

joshua_kuhn
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Its hard to tell from the post if everything works 100% when pointing your CMS to mysql. But the error sounds like an oracle error. Usually an OCI error refers to an Oracle error.

If the CMS indeed works fine against MySQL, then I would troubleshoot the Oracle avenue further. When you start the SIA, do you see a CMS.exe in task manager? The CMS can't start if it can't connect to the database. Watch task manager and see if the CMS opens and closes within a minute or so. If so, its probably the db connection. You can enable tracing for the CMS which might help, but if it is an Oracle error you'll need to verify the tnsnames entry is correct and is the same reference you are using when pointing the CMS to the db in the CCM. Another thing to verify would be to make sure the cms tables are all created when you do a reinitialize. If they're getting created, then you'll know the connection is correct. Maybe its a sizing or permissions issue on the oracle side.