cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

ERROR ACTIVATING DATASOURCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GURU,

AFTER CHANGING MY DATA TYPE TO THE FOLLOWING FIELDS QUANTITY-QUAN, UNDER UNIT/CURR -UNIT

PRICE-CURR,UNDER UNIT/CURRENCY CURRENCY AND REVENUE -CURR,UNDER UNIT/CURRENCY-CURRENCY

WHEN I FINISHED THE CHANGES AND TRIED TO ACTIVATE I GET THIS ERROR Field MATERIALPRICE ( Position 4 😞 Missing currency field / unit field CURRENCY

Message no. RSDS094 SAME ERROR FOR QUANTITY AND REVENUE.CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gracie, Would you mind sharing some more information? Is this changes done at Datasource level? Are you using a flat file for uploads? Check have you assigned the fileds from your file for unit and currency to UNIT/CUKY? I believe there must be missing one more field for the units/currency (Ensure you add a column in your CSV/file). Plus, the 0AMOUNT can be made External at DS level. If you face activation issues still you need to check the types before generating proposals for fields in DS. Hope that solves. Thanks!

Edited by: Arun Bala G on Feb 13, 2012 3:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes am using a flat file. can u please elaborate more cos i changed the data type for quantity from INT1 TO QUANT AND UNDER UNIT/CURR I ADDED UNIT FOR PRICE I CHANGED DATA TYPE FROM INT1 TO CURR AND UNDER UNIT/CURR I ADDED CURRENCY

FOR REVENUE I CHANGED DATA TYPE FROM INT1 TO CURR AND UNDER UNIT/CURR I ADDED CURRENCY

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF I DONT APPLY ANY CHANGES IT ACTIVATES WITH OUT ANY PROBLEM BUT THEN DURING THE TRANSFORMATION I GET SO MANY ERROR.PLEASE HELP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to add them.

I am not sure of your requirement, but could you explain your file which must look something like this?

Customer | Revenue | Currency | Quantity | UoM |
100001 | 500 | INR | 45 | KG
100002 | 456 | USD | 55 | KG
100003 | 123 | AED | 66 | KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

GURU MY QUESTION IS ,DO I ADD IN FIELD DURING DATASOURCE CREATION OR I SHOULD GO ADD IN FLAT FILE.PLEASE ANSWER THANK YOU

Former Member
0 Kudos

I AM USING 7.0

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to insert a field named UNIT and CURRENCY in your datasource.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please where do i add it? is it in fields? cos i already specified it under unit/currency please be clear.Thank you!

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you have to insert this two new fields.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLEASE HOW DO I ADD UOM NEXT TO MY QUANTITY WHILE CREATING MY DATASOURCE? COS I TRIED ADDING UOM IN COLOUMN/ROW BUT IT WONT INSERT

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just added UOM in flat file but when i load into datasource and made few chages and it gave me an error saying no conversion exit entered. can u help me with it?thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi after adding the uom i stopped getting the error message for quantity but am still getting this error message Field MATERIALPRICE ( Position 4 😞 Missing reference to currency field/unit field

Message no. RSDS151

for price and revenue.please what should i do?