cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP6.0 EHP4 configuration parameter "memory-optimized activator'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert Team,

We are in process of upgrading our ECC6.0 ERP system to NW7.01 EHP4 SP5 level. In the prepare phase for configuration phase it prompts for "To optimize memory usage during activation you can use so called "memory-optimized parameter" . Do you want to use this possibility yes/no" . So is there any document available to analyse the pros/cons of this parameter.

I have searched SAP notes and SAP EHP4 installation and technical documents could not find anything so far.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears when you select "Manuall selection of parameters", it's the paremeter to minimized the memory utitilzation during dictionary mass activation ACT_UPG phase, but it will increase the runtime of this phase.

Cheers,

Denny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

This input parameter is asked below the configuration of R3trans and Batch Proess parameter, I am using latest EHPI tool which is

SAPehpi_5-10005805.SAR.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Denny is correct. I will suggest you to just change R3trans, number of parallel processes and batch processes. and use default option for this parameter.

This settings just came in new EHPI tool version. It was not available in earlier release of EHPI tool.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thanks for the suggessions. We have clarifed by this point "The parameter "memory-optimized activator" controls the behaviour of thedictionary mass activation program during the phase ACT_UPG, when set to"Yes", it switches the program to run in the "memory-optimized mode" which is default setting for 32-bit system and also can cause the phase to run much longer.

Edited by: Makrand Gargate on Jan 28, 2010 3:38 PM

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Makrand for the valuable information.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question. I have installed EHP4 on a lot of machines but I haven't heard of that setting before.

Have you been asked before about the number of R3trans/R3load/batch processes or was that question not yet there? This seems to be related to ACT_UPG phase where there have been problems in the past when too many batch processes were activating new objects in the shadow instance while the main instance was up.

Markus