cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eph5 mss add on: How to get pernr from teamviewer and use in custom wda?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on eph5 mss add on 1.0.

We would like to add a number of pages to the the new teamviewer pop up menu but how do I access the employee number of the employee menu being accessed? 

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Liz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Not 100% sure I understand what you mean by "new teamviewer pop up menu" can you provide a screen shot (after all a picture is worth a 1000 words... sometimes anyway)

Once you have selected an employee from the team viewer it actually fires a client side event (portal eventing) that your additional iViews would need to register to listen for. The team viewer is actually replaced by the Employee Search iView in newer releases of the MSS BP. Which version are you using?

You can register to receive the event like this:

EPCM.subscribeEvent("urn:com.sap.mss.employeesearch", "selection_changed", handleEvent);

Hth,
Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Firstly, thanks for the response!  In our previous portal version we subscribed to this event in a number of custom BSP's.  However, in this new version, object based navigation seems to be used (as opposed to dynamic navigation) in conjuntion with the floorplan manager.

So we need a way of identifying the employee 'selected' so that we can integrate our bsp's.

If you see the screenshot above, employee details is now accessed by pressing a button beside each picture and a pop up menu appears.  We need to integrate our bsp's here but I am not sure how to get the employee number. 

Also, in order for the menu options to be displayed here, I know I need to add each additional option to the mss launchpad.  In this case we would have to add the BSP's as portal pages.

However, if we were to re-write these pages as web dynpro for abaps, what businees object would we define in the launchpad?  How do these business objects work, see below :

I have tried to look for the business object in both the back end and portal but I couldn't find it. How does object based navigation work?

Sorry, I know there are a lot of questions there!

Thanks in advance,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Thanks for explaining in a bit more detail, I now understand the issue much better.I have to confess I have not configured this before so my advice is theoretical only at this stage .

I can however explain how OBN works, which might help you. With OBN you can specify a target iView to handle the OBN action.In the example you have above the Business Object is "employee" and the action is "launch_profile", if you go into the portal you will be able to find the iView that handles that action, that iView needs to be part of a role to which user is assigned. The SAP Help guide has more info.And here is some info on the business objects used in the MSS Add-On.

In your case you have some custom BSP apps, you can create iViews for these apps and define these iViews in the portal as the targets for the OBN you want to handle. Then you can configure that OBN as is done in the example screen shot you included above. That I think is the first step.

Now you also want to pass the employee number...I suggest you take a look at the BAdI section in this page of the help. I think this is pretty much what you want to achieve.

One approach I have seen used before is that you set the selected employee number in a memory id, and then read that memory id back in your BSP app... that could work for you too.

Hth,
Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks a mill for all the info.  You have given me a lot ot think about!

All the best,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no eventing used now.  The pernr can be gotten from implemnting a used component (SHARED_DATA component) on  your custom web dynpro.  See web dybpro HRMSS_ORG_ASSIGNMENT for example of how to get the pernr. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

I have a similar requirement but insterad of persons I need to capture Orgunit number/Position numbers from the tteamviewer application in my custom WDA.

Can you let me know if the same functionality will work or not..?

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Saikat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saikat,

Well once you have the employee number you can easily find that info yourself.  However, have a look at the component, the data might already be there that you need.  The fact that it is called org_assigment would suggest more infor there.

Best of luck,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

I don't think I was able to explain myself.

In the MSS homepage, you have direct reportess and also positions and Org Units under a manager. By selecting employees you can launch PA processes or web dynpro applications for employees.

Now, I want to launch custom web dynpro applications for positions and org units. So what exactly is the way to get that because the way of extracting PERNR_MEM_ID and OBJECT_MEM_ID from memory are a bit different.

Thanks,

Saikat

Answers (0)