cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPCM Navigation - Permission denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a HTML page that I have loaded as a KM document. I have a KM Document iView that points to this html page.

The page is very simple and has a number of images that are links to other locations within the portal.

I want to use EPCM.doNavigate to navigate to these locations within the portal, however when I try to do this, I am getting a Permission Denied error.

I have seen other posts where this error has been received when the html page is in another domain, but can't work out why it would be occurring when the html page I am linking to is within KM.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The domain difference is due to the portal using a relaxed domain!

If, for instance, your portal is available through <i>com.acme.portal</i> the domain of the portal pages/iviews etc will be the relaxed domain <i>com.acme</i>.

However, this domain relaxation does not occur on static HTML pages in the server nor on content in KM since the relaxation is performed with javascrips in the actual page.

To permit EPCM navigation you must make sure that the document containing the links also performs domain relaxation. This can be with the EPCMProxy javascript available from SAP.

If you don't know about the EPCMProxy just do a search here at SDN.

Hope this helps

Regards

/Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik, thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, I have tried using the EPCMProxy as well, and have the same problem.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

Regards

Richard

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fredrik, hi Richard,

> com.acme.portal ... will be the relaxed domain com.acme

The other way round: www.btexx.de will be btexx.de (for you set com in front of the statement, maybe you thought that way, but to make it clear...).

Anyhow, add JS into your static HTML which relaxes the domain itself - by stealing the implementation of EPCM.relaxDocumentDomain() or by including the js13_epcf.js and calling the method.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev & Fredrik

Including the javascript to relax the domain in the html file has sorted out the problem.

Thanks very much for your help!

Fredrik, thanks also for your help! Very much appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha ha, you're so right Detlev. Beeing a java guy I'm more used to the otherway around

/Fredrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thing that i was solving similar problem and i also didn't find soulution but i found workaround which was suitable for me. If you simulate km navigation iview in java program it should work.

Ahoj

ONDREJ